Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw to race Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

This from a CSA press release this week ...

Cycling SA has the vision to promote social cohesion and participation equality. We, as the National Federation, will not penalise any of our members or licensed riders for participating in events not listed on our national calendar, or events unsanctioned by Cycling SA, as this would be counter-productive. However, it must be noted that no Cycling SA Commissaires will be authorised to officiate at unsanctioned events. We uphold the UCI’s suspension of the “forbidden race rule”, that allows licensed riders to participate in non-sanctioned events, and have a firm belief that any participant should be treated on an equitable basis.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a climber... will stuggle a bit on the hills when the guys put the hammer down. But if it comes to a sprint... yeah, the heat is on.

That is if he races elites which i doubt... He will most probably take part in a charity group like Froome does in the 94.7

Edited by SurferChild

He's not a climber... will stuggle a bit on the hills when the guys put the hammer down. But if it comes to a sprint... yeah, the heat is on.

That is if he races elites which i doubt... He will most probably take part in a charity group like Froome does in the 94.7

climbs in the Argus route? Where are they?

From the The Cycle Tour Media Office

David Bellairs, Marketing, Media and Sponsorship Director of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, organisers of the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour, says:

The Cape Town Cycle Tour is extremely excited at the news that Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw will be participating this year.  This is particularly special as Klein Constantia is a sponsor of both the Cape Town Cycle Tour and the ETIXX Quick-Step Quickstep team.  Having pro riders of this calibre will certainly make for some exciting racing on 8th March and we look forward to hosting them in our wonderful city.

He may not be a climber but he can still make it over the bumps in the Argus, being classified as "not a climber" means he's not a twig and cant hold over 6w/kg for an alpine climb. Will be interesting to see how the race goes this year, if he races elites other teams will have to do a lot to get a split before the finish. May be a more punchy winner this year and not a bunch sprint.

Errrr... the Argus doesn't exactly have many 'hills' in pro terms. He also won Milan San Remo and that has a few bumps in it including the Cipressa and Poggio. 

Precisely... if Nolan can get over them, Cavendish sure as hell can too  :thumbup:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is not even a Categorized climb in the Argus, or is there one Cat4?

But nonetheless, Argus is a flat race for guys like Mark

Suikerbossie is CAT4, its a glorified hill.

As for this news, sucks, I was hoping to come first in the Argus, there goes that chance

:clap:  :ph34r:

You will never know if you don't try :blink:

From the The Cycle Tour Media Office

David Bellairs, Marketing, Media and Sponsorship Director of the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust, organisers of the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour, says:

The Cape Town Cycle Tour is extremely excited at the news that Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw will be participating this year.  This is particularly special as Klein Constantia is a sponsor of both the Cape Town Cycle Tour and the ETIXX Quick-Step Quickstep team.  Having pro riders of this calibre will certainly make for some exciting racing on 8th March and we look forward to hosting them in our wonderful city.

clearly you okes need to read the fine print "participating" and NOT racing.

I'll be showing them the way the REAL argus gets done .....at the back ...... stopping alot for photo's *cough cough cough*

Hahahahahahahaha. What hills are you referring to? 

post-5455-0-96783600-1310643468.png

clearly you okes need to read the fine print "participating" and NOT racing.

I'll be showing them the way the REAL argus gets done .....at the back ...... stopping alot for photo's *cough cough cough*

This is the title header to this thread :

Mark Cavendish and Mark Renshaw to race Cape Town Cycle Tour

Edited by Wil6