Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

I know I was gonna look like an idiot with slicks on my mtb, but now Im going to look like a d!ck sporting my slicks for 47km. Better put back the tubeless and crossmarks. More money wasted

Hehe...I was planning on knoblies in any case...and trained very little. There's a lesson in all this... :) Edited by SiriS

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad, sorry for all the guys who spend all the money and time training. Do you guys think the top guys will still race/warm up?

It makes sense, very little they could do. Very dissapointed yes. Instead, lets just ride and make the most of it. gonna be one moerse print!

No, there is lots they could do. This is a cop out, a very big cop out.

As Blackbeard said on another thread - there should have been a plan route C, D and E.

Not just a peninsula ride.

This is a slap in the face to the many riders from overseas and up country.

Instead of cancelling they are trying to "save face" and do a "something is better than nothing" with a positive spin on "lets do it for cape town ride"

This is bull TWANG ! What about the other fires in the overberg. No man I hate to use the words but this is bordering on cowardly and again - no planning.

Hell they could have sent us for a 50km ride down the n7 and back. or the N2 frikken heck.

That was my first thought aswell, no way I am rocking slicks for 47km. Going back to knobblies, and wearing baggies.

yeah well, if I am going for a sub 3 I might as well do it hardcore... ha ha

They should let the elites do 3 laps and once they are done let the rest go.. that way Cavendish's legs can warm up for the sprint[emoji16]

This is my most expensive cycle race.  All the expenses for 47km, but my heart goes out to everyone affected by the fire and the poor animals, eish

pity my bike is already down there. R4k plus now spent for a quick funride. After the messup that was the entry system seems this ride was jinxed from the start

I was going to buy a jersey and shirt tomorrow at the expo, but I guess I will pass now.