Epic MTB riding skills - not a lot going round it seems :-)

Headshot

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, all you can do there is to just let it run and keep your weight as far back as you can. Braking is the one sure thing that will burn your collarbone!

Must admit I couldn't work out if there was a bump there (a few went over at the same spot) or if they all just flapped at the same time/place.

It did look like they were going way too slow to get through.

I'm sure that guy with the V-for-Victory sign was Admin. :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:

:ph34r:

Admin wore a Hub top yesterday.

....................According to my friend, who has ridden that section, its easy if you have skills/balls and don't drag your brakes... I'll reserve judgment until I have ridden it myself, if we're allowed to after the race...

Skills will get you over (nearly) everything. One of my mates (who cannot be named) bombs straight down the big rocks you see on the right of the line the Epic guys ride.......my own danglies are a bit too small...... :blush:

Curios, where is this section?

On top of Plum Pudding hill. It is the footpath directly down from the Kings Blockhouse.

Curios, where is this section?

Dawid (DJR) threw out an offer to show us around - we need to take him up on it.

Oh and that may well be 90% of the ST on the front of the mountain right there  :devil:

But I thought 29'rs rolled over everything...

Seriously though it looked like lack of speed did for most of them.

Had a chuckle about 29er...

Admin wore a Hub top yesterday.

Yeah, just yanking Matt's derailleur.

I'm sure he'll roll in a HubSA Jersey every day to market the place.

STERKTE, Admin!

Had a chuckle about 29er...

As far as I am concerned all a 29'er does for me is give me a bigger wheel to fly over when I get things wrong...

Geez the last oke in the red jersey did a proper faceplant.

Looks like lack of speed did them, but I can't talk, I did my wrist at Tokai, riding too tentatively, and I've not ridden here.

it looks so easy....

to fall and see your nought on that section...

Yeah, just yanking Matt's derailleur.

I'm sure he'll roll in a HubSA Jersey every day to market the place.

STERKTE, Admin!

They are riding in a Food Lovers Market outfit today

Yep the dude in the red top needs a coke to wash all that dirt down...

It amazes me how you spend a LOT of time on the bike, never mind the cash to be there but somehow can't ride a section like that, I know that the camera cannot do it justice but come on...let go of the brakes and let the wheels roll...

If you plonk that badly in the first 20km can you imagine the rest of the course?

Saw some teams walk on the flat sections at prologue ??? .Today will see them probably finish in 10 hours

I saw a team come up that first tiny climb off Rhodes Mem tar, guy waited 3-4minutes for his partner who was walking, slowly, up the hill! Didn't look like a good start at all and checked their prologue finishing time on the results, 3hrs17!!!!

Just why?

I saw a team come up that first tiny climb off Rhodes Mem tar, guy waited 3-4minutes for his partner who was walking, slowly, up the hill! Didn't look like a good start at all and checked their prologue finishing time on the results, 3hrs17!!!!

Just why?

For 20km? 

6.1 kph, that is barely above walking pace.

Archived