THE HUB SA: The direction it has taken

Hairy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need to work harder to keep your post count up.  Dipslick is catching up to you FAST :ph34r:

Don't worry its all under control, you only see half my post count and not that of my alter ego :eek:

Well i had a proper friday fight.. It was a fight of a different Kind. Mozambiquens attacked all the ZA Reg Cars and people just as they went through the border here at Lebombo. And chased them away..Xenophobia is a bad Thing... :eek:

Thats why I am pleased I fly in and out and have a Moz registered car in Maputo

Guest notmyname

Says the guy with 14 posts...

*Troll

Yes. This is correct.

Says the guy with 14 posts... 

*Troll

How does post-count have any relevance here? Lots of people read the hub without posting, so number of posts is not a barometer for anything.  And then because he does not agree with the herd, he's a troll now? This self-righteous self important BS from so-called "hub "Lifers" is what caused all the trouble in the first place.  If anything, your comment is a trolling

How does post-count have any relevance here? Lots of people read the hub without posting, so number of posts is not a barometer for anything.  And then because he does not agree with the herd, he's a troll now? This self-righteous self important BS from so-called "hub "Lifers" is what caused all the trouble in the first place.  If anything, your comment is a trolling

In context...

He/She said "Sterile"

With 14 posts has he/she been contributing to the non-sterile nature? No.

I do miss the top 5 or 6 "hot topics" for each of the forum categories that used to appear at the bottom of the old site....was a nice way to see what was current

+100 

Now most of the screen real estate is taken up by news articles repeated twice on the same page.

The  equilibrium in the universe would be restored if someone could PLEASE sort out the text wrapping issue with the classifieds that appear on the home page.........

Every time I log on my OCD kicks into overload.

Yo Yo

I don't if any of have been paying attention as to how the Hub SA has been transforming over the last couple of months. It has started taking on the feel and look of more of a international cycling site with emphasis being placed on product releases, reviews local racing and industry news. The std fare of classifieds and forums is still running strong and has of late been a bit more on topic.

All in all the site is looking good and showing promise of improving, so all in all, lekker and well done to those involved.

H

Thanks Hairy and all others who've shared feedback. 

2015 has seen a big push on the content side with many more reviews, product news, ride reports, photo features, etc. Our Content Manager, Nick, has been a big driver behind the uptick, of course with input from various contributors within the community. 

We're glad to hear the content is noticed and appreciated. The stats tell us things are working, but real user feedback can't be beaten.

Overall we've also noticed improvement in quality of discussions since the start of the year. In particular the level of newbie engagement has been encouraging as we'd had a lot of feedback that the discussion forums were a very daunting place to enter. 

There is still some way to go. Some minor tweaks, fixes and updates, but also some big plans ahead.

The vision of the site at inception was to be a "hub" for all things cycling in South Africa (hence the name). Numbers wise we're the biggest cycling site in Africa and in the top 15 worldwide. We've done well in that sense, but in terms of our offering there is still much, much more value we can add. For our users and the cycling community in general. - Watch this space! 

• 4 weeks later...

Admin, please bring back the Rant & Rave page.

Some of us still need the chit/chat and the Friday stories.

Jokes aside, you need something to draw the crowds.