Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True story - I had a KOM in Durbanville, a random indistinctive 100m stretch on a quiet back road out of the suburbs that I rode by purely by chance when doing some intervals on my road bike. (No idea why someone would have marked that stretch as a segment)

Few weeks later I noticed someone took my KOM, he basically drove out to Durbanville from the southern suburbs (where all his other rides are). Literally just rode that 100m stretch of road & back + a bit extra to speed up (total ride must have been less than 500m). His comments section was full of high-5's and congrats on his amazing ride to get his first KOM and advice to keep that KOM and capture some further KOMS..... (and no, they were serious not sarcastic)

True story - I had a KOM in Durbanville, a random indistinctive 100m stretch on a quiet back road out of the suburbs that I rode by purely by chance when doing some intervals on my road bike. (No idea why someone would have marked that stretch as a segment)

Few weeks later I noticed someone took my KOM, he basically drove out to Durbanville from the southern suburbs (where all his other rides are). Literally just rode that 100m stretch of road & back + a bit extra to speed up (total ride must have been less than 500m). His comments section was full of high-5's and congrats on his amazing ride to get his first KOM and advice to keep that KOM and capture some further KOMS..... (and no, they were serious not sarcastic)

Are you saying this isnt normal? Whoops :whistling:

link or it didn't happen

I'd like to know who stole my holiday bike from my skoon-ma's house yesterday, and if he/she/it is on Strava - that R399 Dion's special was is no more.

On a less serious note - I have 1 KOM to my name that I earned. The rest (9) were all created by someone (long) after I originally rode those segments, and some are even downhills.

I still think those other KOMS count.  The same thing has happened to me where people have created new segments.  .........but fair is fair...if you were faster the crown is yours. 

I would just flag it to annoy him.

I would just flag it to annoy him.

I think you should arrange and outing with at least ten strong fast freinds and you all sprint the segment together.  So not only will this sausage loose his KOM...he will be off the top ten and not even have a trophy.   Then you buy all your mates some lekker coffee and cake :)

P.s It would be even better if one of the riders was a girl :devil:

Edited by blondeonabike

I think you should arrange and outing with at least ten strong fast freinds and you all sprint the segment together.  So not only will this sausage loose his KOM...he will be off the top ten and not even have a trophy.   Then you buy all your mates some lekker coffee and cake :)

Some moto pacing :P

I wanted to do this a while ago on Klapperkop with my cycling buddies. But they don't want to be my domestiques.

I wanted to do this a while ago on Klapperkop with my cycling buddies. But they don't want to be my domestiques.

I'd rather have my buddy have the KOM than the other paw paw.  :clap:

This could actually be a great idea for cycling buddys on their birthdays.......Everyone helps them get a KOM on the road.

Edited by blondeonabike

I only hold two, but not strictly KOM, as it is rolling hills, but over a fair distance. Both are on the same stretch of road.

https://www.strava.com/segments/8235884

You can thank me later. I created that segment..... 

Thought the results would be interesting one day after I raced that road downwind

because all the races go up Adderley, never down

(turns out I'm nowhere near your KOM)

Edited by Skubarra

I'd rather have my buddy have the KOM than the other paw paw.  :clap:

This could actually be a great idea for cycling buddys on their birthdays.......Everyone helps them get a KOM on the road.

Yeah but you better make it count , otherwise it is not  a good prezzie

Just don't tell them there is a Strava segment, just rev them up and then do a Rui Costa and sit in the slip and then bomb past for the last 300m :P