Show us your KOMs on Strava

Ryno.

And that is why a 20km segment with at least three eina climbs is a decent yardstick if you boys really want to start measuring...... :thumbup:

How about a 94.7km segment with a few eina climbs at the end? :thumbup:

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

strava times don't seem reliable. Klapped my mate on a singletrack downhill segment the other day but strava shows he was 20sec faster. Me using Garmin him using strava on his phone.

That is the funny thing about strava :ph34r:  If I took it as gospel then I am faster than Maroesjka Mathee and Asleigh Moolman Pasio.  The pros need recovery rides too ;)

I totally agree with what you're saying, but as long as my buddy's doesn't figure that out I'm 100% safe

I also wonder about it sometime, one segment the top 3 differ 1 sec each and then all of a sudden a guy cycling once a week comes and beat all of them by 15 sec. how does that work?

I have on KOM in this country... on one of the key climbs of the Argus no less.

It was after a pretty heavy christmas (food wise), I'd packed on about 3 kegs, there was a tail wind and unfortunately it's not for going up the climb it's for going down!! :) 

Sttrrraaaaaavvvvaaaaa! 

I also wonder about it sometime, one segment the top 3 differ 1 sec each and then all of a sudden a guy cycling once a week comes and beat all of them by 15 sec. how does that work?

If theres no HR then I find it suspicious, also check who the guy is and who lost the KOM. Classic example is the new 94.7 route with one of the elites holding the KOM on a segment and the next minute some solo fun rider on a MTB takes it. Clearly he/she was driving back from Northern Farm. Flag it and let them prove it. 

Another unbelievable (pun intended) thread on the hub in 2 days..... WTFlip

Mods: I don't think this thread belongs under the (serious) topic of Training, health and nutrition??

Maybe in the Bike room?

Cars...

I know there is a guy, who seems to be a bit of a Strava troll in the Somerset West areas.

Think he is riding around on a scooter... keeps his speeds fairly regular, but somehow seems to manage same speed up hills.

No HR data...

If there is no HR data, or data from a Power Meter, lift an eye brow.

The guy who won the Strava climbing challenge a few months back climbed 5000m a day for 30 odd days somewhere in Cypres. No HR data... PAH

I have on KOM in this country... on one of the key climbs of the Argus no less.

It was after a pretty heavy christmas (food wise), I'd packed on about 3 kegs, there was a tail wind and unfortunately it's not for going up the climb it's for going down!! :)

Sttrrraaaaaavvvvaaaaa! 

Uhm, er, technically, it is on a descent then, PRO...  :oops:

Heheehehehe

Heheehehehe

No way dude. It's just a KOM in reverse! ;)

Heheehehehe

The Downhill Segments / Reverse KOM's is where its at. You can save your energy for a single uphill (or flat) sprint, but going down is where the real skills are shown. Unless you're into e-doping.

I don't own a single downhill KOM

The Downhill Segments / Reverse KOM's is where its at. You can save your energy for a single uphill (or flat) sprint, but going down is where the real skills are shown. Unless you're into e-doping.

I don't own a single downhill KOM

I think all my koms are downhill........