Sani2c 2016

Squier

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hubbers ever used the "drive your car from the start to the finish" service??? That is dropping your car off at the start and then having someone drive it to the finish. Would you recommend it, we may have to use it next year and in two minds about it. 

I have used it 3 times. I have never had any issues but have friends who have had issues.  It is very convenient though

I have used it 3 times. I have never had any issues but have friends who have had issues. It is very convenient though

What was the cost? Why type of issues have your friends had? Any info appreciated

I can't remember the cost exactly but it is fairly pricy. About R800 or so but it does go to charity.

I have heard of items being stolen out the car.

My mate had a rim on his sirocco badly damaged. When checking the speed his vehicle was travelling at using his tracker the vehicle had clocked speeds in excess of 160kph.

Leave a small hamper with a few snacks to the driver with a note reminding him that he is driving someone elses car and that the car is fitted with a gps, and that if your gps log indicates any form of speeding, that you will take it up with the orginisers and potentially the traffic dept.

I USED to use the service until I got a phone call from them asking me did I have a problem before with the transmission ??? I said never the car has like 20 000km and I obviously drove it to the parking area trouble free,,,, "ok, sorry then you will have to get the vehicle towed the transmission is shot" I ask why ???

The lady said when the put it in gear it doesn't drive, a day later I ask must I organize a roll back to come fetch it as it is an auto, towing is not possible, they said what car???? There are no cars in the lot..........the morning of day 3 I eventually got hold of the lady I first spoke to.....ohhhhh laugh laugh they figured out the hand brake was on, that's why it couldn't drive, that took them 2 days to figure out,,, it's not higher grade it's a normal hand brake, if that's the level of drivers I'll make another plan rather if I ever do sani again

I USED to use the service until I got a phone call from them asking me did I have a problem before with the transmission ??? I said never the car has like 20 000km and I obviously drove it to the parking area trouble free,,,, "ok, sorry then you will have to get the vehicle towed the transmission is shot" I ask why ???

The lady said when the put it in gear it doesn't drive, a day later I ask must I organize a roll back to come fetch it as it is an auto, towing is not possible, they said what car???? There are no cars in the lot..........the morning of day 3 I eventually got hold of the lady I first spoke to.....ohhhhh laugh laugh they figured out the hand brake was on, that's why it couldn't drive, that took them 2 days to figure out,,, it's not higher grade it's a normal hand brake, if that's the level of drivers I'll make another plan rather if I ever do sani again

Holy sh*t...you guys are starting to put me off this option!!

Holy sh*t...you guys are starting to put me off this option!!

I will add I have used the service before, I just think initially it was parents, teachers, "friends" of the school,,, now I'm not sure ALL ASSumption

I will add I have used the service before, I just think initially it was parents, teachers, "friends" of the school,,, now I'm not sure ALL ASSumption

I'm sure it will be fine....luck of the draw who you get as a driver. Hopefully not dumb and dumber!

Also looking for a entry for 2016, had to return mine from this year.

Should your plans change in the next couple of months give me a shout please.

• 1 month later...

post-49428-0-69343100-1452855949_thumb.jpg

Getting Excited. Not the best weather from training here at the moment, but still can't wait.

Edited by Wahoofish

So, have booked, mechanics, massage and car service. Anything else to make a trip to SA for the SANI 2 C as pain free as possible??

I can't remember the cost exactly but it is fairly pricy. About R800 or so but it does go to charity.

I have heard of items being stolen out the car.

My mate had a rim on his sirocco badly damaged. When checking the speed his vehicle was travelling at using his tracker the vehicle had clocked speeds in excess of 160kph.

I've used shuttles at 9/10 stage races without issue.  Guess that's why you have insurance ya know.  Don't leave values in the car.

Quite curious to see what's going to happen with the new route. Have heard rumours of Baby Heart Rate and Heart Rate hill coming back for Day 3 and the old singletrack climb going to the top of Nandos. Whatever it is, seems like there'll be some changes to make it a tad tougher.

post-7796-0-46379300-1453094908_thumb.png