Sani2c 2016

Squier

Im riding W2W this year, 2015 and want to do Sani next year so will look at swopping my 2016 slot for a slot for Sani for 2016, if anyones interested, pm me, thanks

Shane

Edited by Richtesh

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im riding W2W this year, 2015 and am willing to swop out for Sani for 2016, if anyones interested, pm me, thanks

Shane

we should be able to come to an agreement

Got our entry for this race next year. Feel extremely lucky as doing berg and bush, W2W, tankwa and then sani. Still think Tankwa is the best race I have done yet. It was proper mtb not manicured trails. Looking forward to all the hype about sani. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Dont want to burst your bubble but if Tankwa Trek is your benchmark for proper mtb'ing and unmanicured trails your wish then you are bound to be disappointed.. Sani2C very different, caters for the masses

• 2 months later...

So I see there's a piece about Farmer Glen's Sani2c ethos in the new Bicycling - http://www.bicycling.co.za/race-news/races-advice-opinion/sani2cs-10-timeless-principles/

From the tone of the newsletter emails and now reading this I'm expecting some changes for next year. Sounds like he wants to make it tougher - all the talk about "real mountain biking", etc. Wonder if we're in for a big route reveal soon. As long as the main highlight sections are still there, some change could be good, right?

So I see there's a piece about Farmer Glen's Sani2c ethos in the new Bicycling - http://www.bicycling.co.za/race-news/races-advice-opinion/sani2cs-10-timeless-principles/

From the tone of the newsletter emails and now reading this I'm expecting some changes for next year. Sounds like he wants to make it tougher - all the talk about "real mountain biking", etc. Wonder if we're in for a big route reveal soon. As long as the main highlight sections are still there, some change could be good, right?

Or he could mean that there are no more mattresses in the tents and at dinner time each get a raw steak and there are 20 braais with coals ready for you, cold showers and warm beer.

Got our entry for this race next year. Feel extremely lucky as doing berg and bush, W2W, tankwa and then sani. Still think Tankwa is the best race I have done yet. It was proper mtb not manicured trails. Looking forward to all the hype about sani. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Haha, if you enjoyed the technical "proper" riding, then I'm afraid the only thing technical about Sani is the distance.

Copperhead don't worry about all the "hardcore" "technical" "proper mountain bikers". I can tell you that you will have a blast!! 

Yes the single track is immaculate but if its too "easy" then ride faster. In terms of stage race quality I believe Sani is still the standard in terms of facilities. 

Hate on 

The Sani discussion usually goes like this:

MTBer 1: Sani is kaaaaak, too easy, only for gravel roadies, boring, no challenge, not what it used to be, not real mtb-ing, too manicured

MTBer 2:  My partner got injured, do...

MTBer 1:  I'M IN !!!!!

The Sani discussion usually goes like this:

MTBer 1: Sani is kaaaaak, too easy, only for gravel roadies, boring, no challenge, not what it used to be, not real mtb-ing, too manicured

MTBer 2:  My partner got injured, do...

MTBer 1:  I'M IN !!!!!

NO MATTER WHAT I CANT GET IN,,,,BEEN ON THE WAITING LIST FOR X YEARS

Or he could mean that there are no more mattresses in the tents and at dinner time each get a raw steak and there are 20 braais with coals ready for you, cold showers and warm beer.

Raw steak... It's there any other way to eat it? [emoji6]

I'm expecting some route changes. Remember baby heart rate and heart rate Hill? Put a nice sting into Day 3. Was taken out after 2012.

We're definitely doing Day 0 this year. Should put a bit of a new spin to Sani.

Copperhead don't worry about all the "hardcore" "technical" "proper mountain bikers". I can tell you that you will have a blast!! 

Yes the single track is immaculate but if its too "easy" then ride faster. In terms of stage race quality I believe Sani is still the standard in terms of facilities. 

Hate on 

Not bashing the Sani - merely pointing out that it is a VERY different type of race to the Tankwa Trek which Copperhead used as his reference for "proper" mtb'ing.

Any hubbers ever used the "drive your car from the start to the finish" service??? That is dropping your car off at the start and then having someone drive it to the finish. Would you recommend it, we may have to use it next year and in two minds about it. 

Any hubbers ever used the "drive your car from the start to the finish" service??? That is dropping your car off at the start and then having someone drive it to the finish. Would you recommend it, we may have to use it next year and in two minds about it. 

Havent yet but also want to book this....