27.5" a better bike?

Karlgeb

I bought a 27.5" Scott Scale three months ago and I am loving it! However I can't help wondering whether more people should be riding 27.5". The conventional wisdom is that 29ers better suit the SA conditions of marathon type races. If you are doing the Epic or Pioneer Trek then I agree a 29er is probably better, however most of us do races like Berg and Bush or Wines to Whales, which are popular because of their windy single track something a 27.5" is better suited for. It is also said that 27.5 suit woman and shorter riders (I am 1.78), but remember we all rode 26" bikes at one stage including tall riders with much success. Do yourself a favor and try a 27.5" and rekindle the fun you had on your first 26".

Latest industry news is the launch of the 27.5+

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a 27.5" Scott Scale three months ago and I am loving it!

Then it is a better bike.

Wheel size debates are dreary and splashed all over the net for the sake of redundant argument.

If you love it, it's the better bike.

If you have any doubt: just prove it by thrashing 29ers. rub it in their faces if you must  :ph34r:

I bought a 27.5" Scott Scale three months ago and I am loving it! However I can't help wondering whether more people should be riding 27.5". The conventional wisdom is that 29ers better suit the SA conditions of marathon type races. If you are doing the Epic or Pioneer Trek then I agree a 29er is probably better, however most of us do races like Berg and Bush or Wines to Whales, which are popular because of their windy single track something a 27.5" is better suited for. It is also said that 27.5 suit woman and shorter riders (I am 1.78), but remember we all rode 26" bikes at one stage including tall riders with much success. Do yourself a favor and try a 27.5" and rekindle the fun you had on your first 26".

Latest industry news is the launch of the 27.5+

Does the shop where you work have any specials running at the moment?