Some handy info on the Giant Contact Switch Dropper Post

Skylark

Mine is the original Gen 1, not the newer 2014/2015 model. 

Spoke to the shop mechanic, he has one himself and apparently had the problem when he tried to replace his own cartridge. A google search showed one of the overseas online stores with stock of the gen 2 parts, but states the gen 1 is discontinued.

Pretty much as I've said all along - cheap but disposable. If you spend the extra cash on a KS or a Reverb and look after it it will last you a whole lot longer.

Same goes for buying a Suntour fork.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many different cartridges do the Giant droppers use, gen 1, 2 and then the 2016 post probably uses a gen 3 cartridge, I'm assuming 3 different versions to support the different drops offered?

• 1 month later...

I have just replaced my cartridge due to loss of pressure, it was R450 here in the

Cape through my LBS so not sure why your LBS quoted you those prices?

I have mine stealth mounted on my 29er Trance X, fitted it myself...easy peazy!

Great simple value for money dropper!

Howzit man. I think that my cartridge blew. But the shop that I went to said that fixing the post will cost in the R2000 region.. eish. Where did you get a new cartridge for R450 from?

On my second Giant Contact SL seat-post now... First one (not even a year old) developed a lot of side to side play (but otherwise still works perfectly) and almost all the black coating on the stantion is gone. Giant reckons it's wear & tear so no warranty replacement :(

So now I want to see if I can at least fix the play on the seat-post... Anybody with similar issue manage to repair/minimise the play?

On my second Giant Contact SL seat-post now... First one (not even a year old) developed a lot of side to side play (but otherwise still works perfectly) and almost all the black coating on the stantion is gone. Giant reckons it's wear & tear so no warranty replacement :(

So now I want to see if I can at least fix the play on the seat-post... Anybody with similar issue manage to repair/minimise the play?

I'm on my fourth one for stanchion gouging (could hook a finger nail in the scratch), but never had a play issue...

I have had my Giant Dropper for about 6 mou

I have had mine for about 6 months now and it works great. Only issue I have is that it has a little play in it. Basically it wiggles around a bit. I was told by my LBS that that is just how the giant droppers are. Would be keen to hear from other users if that is the case?

I have had my Giant Dropper for about 6 mou

I have had mine for about 6 months now and it works great. Only issue I have is that it has a little play in it. Basically it wiggles around a bit. I was told by my LBS that that is just how the giant droppers are. Would be keen to hear from other users if that is the case?

It's how they all are.... 

From giant posts to reverbs they all have a wiggle to some extent or another! 

I'm on my fourth one for stanchion gouging (could hook a finger nail in the scratch), but never had a play issue...

Yeah, to clarify my above statement, never had a more than normal play issue. All droppers I've had have had a small amount of play...

yep mine wiggles too.....But I'm still on the very old one

I got the documents that clearly state 2-year warrantee tho

So I'm not worried, so far this thing has been flawless in every way

I am on my first sl post for a good while note, zero issues.

Did a conversion over the weekend going from external to internal and still works great. ....relatively easy process to convert btw

Had my 2016 giant dropper for about 4 months now and it's been flawless.

Covered my frame to take internal routing, converted the dropper and bang, all good with no issues.

• 3 months later...

Had mine for a while...maybe between one to two years.

I use fork juice on the stanchion so no damage there (touch wood mos).

My problem is the blue spring thingy that does not return to its Un tensioned position after the lever Is pulled. What this does is that it does not allow the post to stay "dropped"

The cable and lever has also always been an issue for me since the post was about 4 months old.

I've replaced cable and hosing plenty times already. Def more that 3times

Had mine for a while...maybe between one to two years.

I use fork juice on the stanchion so no damage there (touch wood mos).

My problem is the blue spring thingy that does not return to its Un tensioned position after the lever Is pulled. What this does is that it does not allow the post to stay "dropped"

The cable and lever has also always been an issue for me since the post was about 4 months old.

I've replaced cable and hosing plenty times already. Def more that 3times

They come with a 2 year warranty so if you kept your slip you should try taking it back to the store

They come with a 2 year warranty so if you kept your slip you should try taking it back to the store

Proof of purchase should work too right?

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Proof of purchase should work too right?

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, guess it would depend on the store. No harm in trying though, worst thing they can do is say no