First Look: 2016 Momsen VIPA XT

Nick

Full disclosure: I am a very happy Vipa owner.

Wow! I like the new paint scheme.

The colour Orange not to my liking but in line with the other brands current bold and bright paint.

Like the black bolts, away from the gold.

What is important for me:

Unchanged shock design, since current setup works.

Question does the shock upside down still works as it should?

Two cages within one frame, brilliant simple solution!

I always felt their is enough space in the front triangle to accommodate two cages.

The shock pivot leverages was always in the way of my own possible solutions and the normal cage bosses being moved up in the frame.

I agree the cables looks untidy, but sure it can be fixed with neat and tidy cable setup by mechanic. For the convience it brings, sure one can live with it.

The bikes Momsen use for advertising I felt is always a bit untidy and not setup "racy" to show what one can do.

What is imporant for the success of this bike is value for money, I hope Momsen gets it right!!!!

What I would change, promote the brand Momsen more, and finish the bike with Momsen in house carbon bits.

Looking forward to the rest of the 2016 bikes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a decently high end bike like that not have internal cable routing?

It just makes it look less appealing.

Why would a decently high end bike like that not have internal cable routing?

It just makes it look less appealing.

easier to service in the dark during your favorite south african stage race

It's not a full launch. It's a new paint scheme, with a few extra features. Same geometry and handling characteristics of the original one. Just a few extras, and a new paint scheme. 

Still prefer the original paint scheme. 

Really? The launch of a paint job?

Really? The launch of a paint job?

Is that all you read?

Yes, a new paint job. Other manufacturers also do it annually, and if you remember there was also a "first look" on the new Giant bikes for 2016 - and some of those ONLY had new paint jobs and a slight difference in componentry

This has a new paint job, new componentry & the ability to fit 2 bottles in the front triangle through a new adapter (brand new) 

No new geo. 

So no, not a full launch, but a launch nonetheless. 

So what do you do if you decide you'd prefer to run a SRAM grouppo, and it says XT in bold on the sides of the top tube above the shock...?

Get the non XT version of the frame

Vipa TEAM

VIPA XT

VIPA AC

VIPA AC SE

All Shimano componentry, but I'm sure the frame is still available as a single item.

Edited by Renaissance Man

So what do you do if you decide you'd prefer to run a SRAM grouppo, and it says XT in bold on the sides of the top tube above the shock...?

Also thought of that, pretty silly idea from them.