Sani2C riders banned after reporting flasher

Sidmouth

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sponsors are pulling their funds thick and fast? No more ReCm, no Nedbank.... hope the race organisers made enough cash to keep going

Sunday Times, page 2 on Sunday. Correction, retraction... In small print. Then we can all start this again.

Please could you post a photo.

Where you guys reading about Nedbank pulling out ? 

assumption from my part, I think feetup is suggesting just like that it can end???

ASSumption on my part

Newsletter today - Nedbank out, they do take all LEGITIMATE criticism seriously and we must still train to make us better human beings.

Good to know they are aware of the grumblings.

Newsletter today - Nedbank out, they do take all LEGITIMATE criticism seriously and we must still train to make us better human beings.

Good to know they are aware of the grumblings.

So for us outsiders that didn't get the newsletter - did they say that is why they pulled out?

31 August 2015

Spring brings with it new beginnings!

Dear Trailer’s, Adventure’s and Racers,

As we move into Spring and the sun rises ever earlier and green buds pop to life on the trees, we realise that it is a whole new season for us at sani2c too.

Nedbank

After protracted internal discussions, it is with disappointment, that I announce that Nedbank will not extend its partnership with sani2c. We have had a great five years together and we thank all at the company for their support. It’s been an honour to have been associated with Nedbank. We have ridden thousands of kilometres of single track and crossed many bridges together. We will continue to embrace the company’s great strapline in all we do at sani2c. Nedbank has certainly helped us “Make Things Happen” over the past five years and we shall continue to follow a proactive and enthusiastic path. Thank you, Nedbank from all of us at sani2c.

“The past five years have been an exceptional journey under Farmer Glen’s guidance and we are proud to have played a part in the popularity of sani2c. The growth of the event has been remarkable and we wish the riders, partners, communities and organisers well for the future of the world’s biggest fully serviced MTB event.” Patrick Baransky, Nedbank Sponsorship Manager.

The sani2c Code of Conduct

Instilling old fashioned mountain biking values.

Seasons come and go and time waits for no one. Hopefully you have, by now, done some planning, had a team talk with your partner and agreed on your goals for sani2c 2016. If not, put it at the top of your ‘things to do’ list, highlight it and underline it.

Remember, sani2c is not just about the three days you spend with us! (See Newsletters 1 and 2.)

In each newsletter, we will discuss some good old fashioned mountain biking values – that is, simple manners that help make MTB’ing the great sport it is. What’s more, you’ll be surprised how good you’ll feel when you get back from your ride having shown the kind of comraderie and caring that make mountain bikers special.

Here are this month’s tips:

Greet everyone you pass. Just a smile will do if you are out of breath and in the red.

Never be selfish. Share the trails. Don’t make the cows stampede, horses bolt and runners move over, and try not terrify the walkers. People with manners smile, greet and move over.

Show respect to all. Landowners, other trail users and local inhabitants are often inconvenienced by us. Show them some respect on your next ride. Practice before the event and try greeting your countrymen and women in Zulu, Xhosa or Ndebele as relevant.

Show respect to the environment. Set aside a little time to pick up some of the litter that annoys you on our trails. Allocate extra time to clean up sections of the trails with your club or a few mates. If everyone picks up a bit, it’ll make a huge difference.

Our challenge to you is for you to make all of the above a habit every day, on and off your bike.

Thank you for your support

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your support regarding a recent newspaper article following sani2c 2015. Unfortunately, it is not possible to respond to everyone personally but your encouragement and comments are much appreciated. We’d also like to sincerely assure you that, as ever, all legitimate critique and comments are taken very seriously by us and are investigated thoroughly. We are continually looking for ways of improving and adding to the enjoyment of the event for you. (And, by the way, unless a tractor is filled up with Red Bull instead of diesel and grew wings overnight, there’s no helicopter on the farm.

Now, go and get your admin done, embrace the sani2c code of conduct, work on getting rid of that winter layer and have fun on your bike. Before you know it, the heat of summer will be here and the real training programme will kick in.

Until next time, we remind you that “Life’s not all downhill” and assure you that we will continue to “Make Things Happen” – farmer style!

Kind Regards,

Farmer Glen & the sani2c crew

Edited by NixM

"Show respect to all. Landowners, other trail users and local inhabitants are often inconvenienced by us. Show them some respect on your next ride". 

A new addition to the many previous instructions?Nothing to do with the banning?

We practise this everywhere we ride - i sure as hell do.

And us MTBers know this all too well.

Hmmmm.......So Nedbank is out. No problem. It happens to every sport as priorities change. But, maybe here's a chance for Andrew Kirby of Toyota to get involved. He really loves the race.

Just a thought (or wish). Come on Toyota, you helped put the Epic on the map, see what you can do for the Sani as they move into the unknown. (how about a new route ending in Port Edward?

Hmmmm.......So Nedbank is out. No problem. It happens to every sport as priorities change. But, maybe here's a chance for Andrew Kirby of Toyota to get involved. He really loves the race.

Just a thought (or wish). Come on Toyota, you helped put the Epic on the map, see what you can do for the Sani as they move into the unknown. (how about a new route ending in Port Edward?

Have you seen the mountain valleys between underberg and port Edward....some of the more remote parts of kzn for good reason... Just wild and rugged