Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

I'm a U/16 rider and competed in the Clotan Steel MTB race on the 16th Aug 2015.

I crossed the finish line in 4th place over all and was the 3rd Junior and 1st Youth. In the last 5km of the race Louis Harmse JNR received outside assistance in fixing a flat(but the rules read to us at the start stated: "You may not receive any outside assistance, only from a fellow rider".)

At the end of the event I went to report him :oops: , not knowing that he is the son of the event organizer. Louis Harmse got a time penalty pushing him to fourth over all from his 3rd position. Suddenly the prize giving was delayed by an hour and my category disappeared from the prize giving(which means I got no prize or recognition for winning the Youth Category). It was the first time I saw an event give prizes for the first 2 juniors and the first 2 over all riders after advertising all SA MTB categories(attached)!

This all leads to tell me that Spectrum Sport did all of this out of a personal vendetta for reporting Louis Jnr!  :ph34r:

post-51247-0-08915900-1439835371_thumb.png

post-51247-0-26147100-1439836036_thumb.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good result- well done!

Write it off as a bad experience and train harder with the goal of beating the kid in the next race. For him it'll be hard to win without 'outside assistance"...

This type of thing happens all the time: races, business etc...

You have two choices here. You can focus on what you believe is the injustice of a hometown decision or the fact that someone with a flat still beat you. My advice is focus  on the latter, work out how you can beat him and drop the small stuff, you'll be a better cyclist ( person)  at the end of it.

Good result- well done!

Write it off as a bad experience and train harder with the goal of beating the kid in the next race. For him it'll be hard to win without 'outside assistance"...

This type of thing happens all the time: races, business etc...

I'll definitely be training harder but the only things is this guy is not a kid, he is 26 (just acts like a kid :thumbdown: )

Agree with the previous posters - move on, let it be the fuel to fire you to better performances. Thank you however for pointing this out - I, for one have taken notice!

Big call. If you're going to be competing in the sport for a while then it's as important to learn how to deal with and use these kind of moments for a positive rather than have them damage your view. 

Use the experience to go back, improve and be better so that when you meet up again you put it beyond doubt. 

I agree with all the above and don't intend to let any of this slow me down.

It is just I did not expect something like this to happen with a big and we'll known event organising / timing company like spectrum sport along with a fellow athlete aged 26

And wanted to hear from my fellow hubbers on this point!

Edited by .Heinz

Were there enough riders to justify all the categories?

Definitely, in the Youth category there where 10 plus riders and the entire race end of the event (half marathon) where made up off U/18 riders [and Louis]

Funny consensus so far it seems - advice seems to be to suck it up, don't make waves, train harder to beat rule breakers. I wonder if that applies to being beaten by dopers? :ph34r:

Yes but I kind of disagree with the hub here. I guess "life is unfair, get used to it" is good general advice, but good on the OP for calling out the organisers for treating him unfairly. Cant see anything wrong for standing up for yourself in life. If what he says is true, he is doing us a favour by warning us against Louis.

What authority was at the race?

I reported the rider to a csa commissaire wich was the commissaire for the entire race. And then the timing company (Spectrum Sport) with Louis Harmse senior and Louis Harms Junior

I reported the rider to a csa commissaire wich was the commissaire for the entire race. And then the timing company (Spectrum Sport) with Louis Harmse senior and Louis Harms Junior

Have you tried to pursue the matter with the CSA?