ScottCM

Dry wors can also work.  I found a few nice home made bars and balls/bombs recipes.   Only problem is that there is few space in running belts.

I know Hammer perpeteum works great and have heard good things about tailwind as well, these stuff is just very expensive.

Thanks guys

Fact. Those chews are R40 a bar at a sports store. Fortunately you can get some reasonable discounts by going direct.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little advise please...there is a Dude selling a Fenix 2 in excellent condition here in the classifieds for R1800 and Im keen to buy it to replace my FR25 which has a strap tearing and when I cycle I have to adjust the exercise....however...ive been told that the technology is old and I would be better off just buying a new strap for my FR25 and saving the little extra for a more up to date model..my question is......is the technology really that out of date???  

A little advise please...there is a Dude selling a Fenix 2 in excellent condition here in the classifieds for R1800 and Im keen to buy it to replace my FR25 which has a strap tearing and when I cycle I have to adjust the exercise....however...ive been told that the technology is old and I would be better off just buying a new strap for my FR25 and saving the little extra for a more up to date model..my question is......is the technology really that out of date???

Candz.... If you want you could buy a couple of replacement (non Garmin) straps on Amazon and get them sent to my address and then I will send them back with my m in law when she comes in December.

I am using one of them and they are fine and super cheap

Another option, i'll be dublin next week. happy to bring it back for you

Thats so cool...thank you Stretchy. Il go look and whatsapp you.

Thank you both! Im trying to look on Amazon now but blocked at work so will look a little later when Im home.  

Thank you both! Im trying to look on Amazon now but blocked at work so will look a little later when Im home.  

Also double check Wish.com doesn't have any as they'll be super cheap. If you can wait about a month for shipping: https://www.wish.com/search/Garmin%20fr25%20strap

Edit: does this look right? https://www.wish.com/search/Garmin%20forerunner%2025/product/5b45d2a037bf6311ebe23347?&source=search

Edited by Barry Stuart

Thats so cool...thank you Stretchy. Il go look and whatsapp you.

I could also bring back a few small items from Europe if needed (delivered to a U.K. address) as I'm returning to SA in two weeks.

There is a Fenix 3 HR sapphire for sale in a forums.co.za for just a few rand more

Edit : qoute fail

But I found the advert and I see it's sold. Personally I would not get anything less than a Fenix 3 HR .

Edited by Jaws677

PM me if you need.

Thats the right one Barry

Thank you...I think at R83 I should get 2!

I think my strap will hold for a month, its in torn into the hole part, but nothing a little plaster cant hold together.

Also double check Wish.com doesn't have any as they'll be super cheap. If you can wait about a month for shipping: https://www.wish.com/search/Garmin%20fr25%20strap

Edit: does this look right? https://www.wish.com/search/Garmin%20forerunner%2025/product/5b45d2a037bf6311ebe23347?&source=search

That's the year done for races. Did the Waterford half on Saturday. Was hard work as I have not done much since Amsterdam. Missed the 90 by just over a minute but I was still pleased enough as I was feeling a bit bleh before the run. Good vibe and big crowd...2800 total runners. Not my fastest half.. But was a race pb for me

Interesting reading:

'Running in highly cushioned shoes increases leg stiffness and amplifies impact loading'

Shoes used in this research: 

For the highly cushioned shoe in this study, we used the Hoka Conquest men’s running shoe (Hoka One One, Marina Bay, CA, USA), as the maximalist (MAX) shoe. This shoe had a 43 mm heel and 37 mm forefoot height, respectively, (heel-toe drop of 6 mm), and its measured weight was 321 g. The Brooks Ghost 6 men’s running shoe (Brooks Sports, Inc., Seattle, WA, USA) was the conventional (CON) cushioned running shoe used in this study. This shoe weighs 301 g, and has a 33 mm heel and 22 mm forefoot height, respectively (heel-toe drop of 12 mm)

Kulmala_et_al-2018-Scientific_Reports (1).pdf

Edited by Pieter-za

I see Ann Ashworth clocked 2:35:44 at the Valencia marathon yesterday bettering her previous marathon pb with ~12'. (2:47)

Gerda Steyn did a 2:31:04 NY Mar, Irvette van Zyl 2:33:43 at Soweto and Nolene Conrad 2:34:39 at CT, are these the fastest SA woman marathon times this year?

PS : OK I see the list is on ASA's website, dd Nov 18: http://athletics.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/SA-road-lists-top-10-7-November-2018.docx 

Edited by Pieter-za

Interesting reading:

'Running in highly cushioned shoes increases leg stiffness and amplifies impact loading'

Shoes used in this research: 

shoes last made in 2014 used for a 2018 study?