ScottCM

Quick question, when you do a substitution for the Two Oceans, how does the T shirt order work? Does it carried over or do you get an opportunity to reorder when you substitute? 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Camille just ran 277km in 24h. Ran. That's 5:11/km for 24h non stop. What..

post-734-0-59405500-1544433531_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mudsimus

Yes, 7500m of climbing. So I will prob do alot of walking ha ha.

It is a problem though, well I think of it often... I ran 30 kms over the weekend, both times in the spruit which is only a few kms from our house so its super convenient. All for a whopping 350m of ascent! 

Bit of a Noob question. So I've committed to the Mac Mac 100 miler trail run in May next year. Since I am not living close to any trails where we are going to run on, I will only be able to get to run there maybe once a month. Do I just keep on training like I do when I train for a Comrades, or must I change it. Will also be hitting the gym more in January.

See you there.... 

My advice would be to train as much as you can with a fully packed pack, so that nothing is new on race day.

Also, if you can, try to string together 3 long days in a row every now and then to learn what it's like to move on tired legs.

One big thing would be to make sure your body/gut can handle the food you're planning on eating while there as well as having a footcare plan.

I find that talcum powder and fresh socks are an absolute game changer. If you can feel a hot spot or a fold/wrinkle, talc up the feet and put new socks on.

Pushing past the 24 to 35 hour barrier is something pretty special. It looks like a tough race so I would guess a sub 30 will get you in the top 10..... 

I saw Nicky Booyens might sign up so we could have an overall female winner too! 

So Camille just ran 277km in 24h. Ran. That's 5:11/km for 24h non stop. What..

Wow. That is seriously impressive [emoji15]

See you there.... 

My advice would be to train as much as you can with a fully packed pack, so that nothing is new on race day.

Also, if you can, try to string together 3 long days in a row every now and then to learn what it's like to move on tired legs.

One big thing would be to make sure your body/gut can handle the food you're planning on eating while there as well as having a footcare plan.

I find that talcum powder and fresh socks are an absolute game changer. If you can feel a hot spot or a fold/wrinkle, talc up the feet and put new socks on.

Pushing past the 24 to 35 hour barrier is something pretty special. It looks like a tough race so I would guess a sub 30 will get you in the top 10..... 

I saw Nicky Booyens might sign up so we could have an overall female winner too! 

Looking forward to it.. Will tell my backup crew, to have plenty of socks and talcum at hand at every spectator point.. Thanks Jewbacca, will def work in a couple of long days with my full backpack on..

Looking forward to it.. Will tell my backup crew, to have plenty of socks and talcum at hand at every spectator point.. Thanks Jewbacca, will def work in a couple of long days with my full backpack on..

It's worth it.

On Reunion island last month we took extra care of or feet and our whole team finished without blisters after 174 hours of racing.

It is essentially the difference between moving at 5 to 6kph or 3 kph later in the race.

Seriously looking forward to this one. The mind games can get pretty intense for the last 40!

It's worth it.

On Reunion island last month we took extra care of or feet and our whole team finished without blisters after 174 hours of racing.

It is essentially the difference between moving at 5 to 6kph or 3 kph later in the race.

Seriously looking forward to this one. The mind games can get pretty intense for the last 40!

I can imagine. I'm pretty excited about this event. Looks like fun. But that Fanie Botha Trail is a B@tch.

A year ago, tomorrow, I started the 0-10K plan.

929Km later with 1x 8.5Km (trail run), 3x 10Km, 1x 15Km and a HM completed among those miles.

Nothing in comparison to some others on this thread, but something I hadn’t considered just over a year ago. Fun? More of less... yes.

Rounded the last day (today) of the rolling year off, with some intervals: 1-min at 4:30 - 4:45 per Km and walking (9:00/Km) in between. Easier than I thought, so wasn’t hard enough... but it still hurt doing it.

Nothing in comparison to some others on this thread, but something I hadn’t considered just over a year ago. Fun? More of less... yes.

I saw a tweet yesterday on some guy that had improved his marathon time by 5 minutes to 2:17 (yeah, I know). It basically went: Want to know how this marathoner cut 5 minutes off his PB? By training consistently for ten years.

And that's pretty much it. Goals that we all think are stupid to fantasise about now slowly creep up towards us if we can tie season after season of consistent training together. Speed and fitness are things we can all work on but they're not things we can force. Patience and staying healthy and injury free result in the biggest gains for most of us (there will always be a few freaks of course who start running and do a sub 3 at only their second marathon).

So well done, Frosty. You're already running well and you're only going to get faster and go further and get faster and go further and…

Fomo got the better of me... I've entered for Om die Dam. Have managed to get accom near the start at least to take that stress away. Now I just need to dodge the trucks on the Pelindaba road and I am golden...

Oh, and maybe start running again  :ph34r: