ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Barry and Jess...!!!

Jess came in 2nd at the PMB42 in an amazing time of 3h15.59, Barry came "jogging" past us at the finish at 3h00 looking like he was just going for a warm up.  Truly impressive guys!!  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

If you feel the need to part with your Om die dam entry.... you know where to find me... and maybe a comrades entry.

Did u just say you are hoping to run comrades

Or asking for a friend ????

Seems there were a bunch of marathons on this weekend. I've heard PMB is awesome, high 5 team Stuart!

My wife and I decided last week to go run the Township marathon in Eldorado Park. We're busy training for a long trail run so thought how hard could this be? 

Set out at the easiest feeling 6min pace, ran straight through the 28 - 32km section which usually kicks my ass, feeling like a champ till i hit 37km's... The the wheels fell wholly off. Was sick... twice and reduced to a walk for the final 5kms, feeling like a dog. From a comfortable 4:15 looking time, I finished in 4:38. Marathons are no joke. Wife's ITB kicked in pretty seriously, it's not looking great if I'm honest. She decided from 12km's odd it was going to be a long day and just got her walking shoes on. Came in just under 6 hours.

Really cool race though, great vibe, great people, well marshaled, motorists pretty well behaved, small easy rolling hills throughout.

[no man ! Jesus sandals!

://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190220/dfe42a6a3ca26876d82f9a41ac183cd2.jpg[/img]

attachicon.gifIMG_3219.jpg

I used my "yikes" card too soon. Is running in Jesus Sandals any different to running in common sandals or slops? I recall several cases of the toe-sole area catching the road and bending over... the rest is obvious :(

Edited by Dirkitech

Well done to all I saw this weekend doing Half's or fulls. Forgive me if I forget anyone. Candz carpet ferret barry

Great sub 3 for ferret and equally great 3:05 for Barry

I did Deloitte Pretoria Marathon yesterday for the first time. The plan was just to use it a LSD run , take it easy and enjoy it. So glad I did that as that must have been the toughest marathon I have done in terms of hills and the heat , damn was it hot , especially that second lap. As tough as it was it must also be the best route I've done in terms of the view and scenery.

The amount of people was also something else. The run  through Klapperklop was tough but at the same time enjoyable as the view from the top was pretty impressive.

At least I know now what to expect at the Sunrise Monster on Saturday for another LSD run

I did Deloitte Pretoria Marathon yesterday for the first time. The plan was just to use it a LSD run , take it easy and enjoy it. So glad I did that as that must have been the toughest marathon I have done in terms of hills and the heat , damn was it hot , especially that second lap. As tough as it was it must also be the best route I've done in terms of the view and scenery.

The amount of people was also something else. The run  through Klapperklop was tough but at the same time enjoyable as the view from the top was pretty impressive.

At least I know now what to expect at the Sunrise Monster on Saturday for another LSD run

Also did this run for the first time on Sunday. Really enjoyed the route, as you say scenery was great.

I actually think the rolling hills make this an easier route that you might think. Using slightly different muscles rather than the same ones on a flat route.

I also did Deloitte yesterday. I have a bad relationship with that race, and yesterday my stomach gave in on me. What was that yellow/orange stuff in the sachets? Tasted like orange juice. I was very hot and just grabbed one that was very nice and cold and could not resist, but payed for it about 10 min later. It is still one of my favorate races up here. Just as a side note, does anyone have a Om die Dam entry that they want to part with? Wow all of the ultra races sold out fast this year. It did not bother me, I thought it was just new years resolutions, but it looks like people are holding on too the entries. Apparently ultra running is the new mid life crisis. Of you look at how many 100 miler we got now compaired to 2 years ago, wow.

Also did this run for the first time on Sunday. Really enjoyed the route, as you say scenery was great.

I actually think the rolling hills make this an easier route that you might think. Using slightly different muscles rather than the same ones on a flat route.

I think that's my problem , most of my training runs are on flat routes

I think that's my problem , most of my training runs are on flat routes

On the Parry program I need to do 90s hill intervals. I couldn't find a hill that long near my house. The struggle is real.

Come run in JHB....no shortage of hills.

On a serious note if you don't have hills just do the intervals on a flat section of road. Hills may have less chance of injury than track work but if you don't have the option of hills then to a large extent you're training the same energy systems with track work.

Dear all, I have due to foreseen circumstances an entry to Rhodesrun I cannot use.  I am musing on the best way to pass it on to a deserving runner.  If you are such a runner please let me know.  I will reserve the right to pass it on to the runner who is IMHO the most deserving.

Please note that it is just an entry.   Transfer costs, accommodation, transport, training and other expenses are not included.  Also you MUST make it over MAVIS BANK before the 2 hour cut off, so I will be looking at your STRAVA to determine if you are fit enough. 

Graeme

I used my "yikes" card too soon. Is running in Jesus Sandals any different to running in common sandals or slops? I recall several cases of the toe-sole area catching the road and bending over... the rest is obvious :(

Better because with normal slops the tendency is to drag your feet to keep your feet in the slops. These are tied to your feet like sandals.

Some notes:

1. Lift your knees

2. Don’t drag your toes

Have a look at this on how to make your own: https://www.instructables.com/id/Minimalist-Running-Sandals-Huaraches/