ScottCM

why is this special...95th? If it started in 1921 surely the 2021 would be a bigger deal

I agree... Even the 90th 5 years ago was irrelevant. Seems they trying to come up with a gimmick every year now

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s been proven that listening to music increases performance

I'll buy that.

My (3xweekly) 10k starts uphill, and Eminem's "Lose Yourself"  is the tune that gets me started at the right pace. When it ends the hill is done and the pace is right.

Imo the sub 2 is great, but will not be significant once E-running becomes more popular, which would mean sub 1hr times ????

(Im entering Comrades as soon as they allow E-runners. What does a Segway cost, btw?)

The effects of course design (elevation undulations and curves) on marathon running performance: an a priori case study of the INEOS 1:59 Challenge in Vienna

https://osf.io/preprints/sportrxiv/xrjvb/?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=e3bd243ce2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_10_11_05_44&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e3b59af547-e3bd243ce2-203329385&mc_cid=e3bd243ce2&mc_eid=7a848f55da

The study concluded that the course chosen for the INEOS 1:59 Challenge is only ~4.5 seconds slower than a flat, level marathon course as a result of the additional cost of undulations in elevation and cost of running around curves. This additional cost accounts for less than 0.06% less than the total time needed to break the record which means that it is very close to the ideal course. With the innovations in drafting strategies, with the chosen course, the INEOS team has set up Eliud Kipchoge with his best chance to run a 1:59:59 or below. We at Stryd believe in Eliud, and wish him the best of luck!

Does anyone else (in the best way possible...) NOT want him to break it (like this)?

I'd really like 'it' to be saved for a legit race with people and conditions and dogs and 'drinks guys'... I don't know 

I take this back. I had tears in my eyes when he crossed the line, what a run, what a man.

Not be be outdone, Brigid Kosgei, my word talk about going all out, from the word go. Absolutely smoked it. 

Bennie Roux is 13 miles from the end of Moab 240.

Hes been running since Friday afternoon our time! 2 days 16 hours.

Hes been running with some other chap for the last ~50 miles tied for second place!

Its been awesome to watch

I take this back. I had tears in my eyes when he crossed the line, what a run, what a man.

Not be be outdone, Brigid Kosgei, my word talk about going all out, from the word go. Absolutely smoked it.

Don't worry I said the same sort of comment after the first sub 2... They it wouldn't be done in my lifetime.. Now I believe I will see it being done on an actual marathon event

As for Brigid.... She went out like a women possessed. In the last 13 months we've seen new world records in the half.... In the men's and women's marathon...a near world record Berlin and a sub 2 hour marathon.. Exciting times for long distance running

Im so with you on this , i thought a staged raced was well just that "staged" , but after watching with the Mrs i had those same tears .

what a man what a day what a event what a weekend .

sub 2 42 

fastest 42 lady

and Jan smashing a ironman like no other .

2019 you are a year to remember 

I did the FNB city surfing 10k in Durban yesterday, what a phenomenal event. with over 10 000 runners the organization was incredible and on point.

I started in B batch and the batches went up to E . Now comes the story....

When we were about 1km into the run, latecomers from the lower batches who were still walking to the start  were just entering the race from the sidewalk. I commented to one of the runners with me that it is unfair, his response was , check the results tomorrow and see how many show as `DID NOT START`, lo and behold there are about 10 or more pages of them.

I did the FNB city surfing 10k in Durban yesterday, what a phenomenal event. with over 10 000 runners the organization was incredible and on point.

I started in B batch and the batches went up to E . Now comes the story....

When we were about 1km into the run, latecomers from the lower batches who were still walking to the start were just entering the race from the sidewalk. I commented to one of the runners with me that it is unfair, his response was , check the results tomorrow and see how many show as `DID NOT START`, lo and behold there are about 10 or more pages of them.

Crazy..Do people not understand how timing chips work.. or do you think those lower batches don't really care about time, and whether they've done 10k or 9k didn't really matter.. They got the medal and the T-shirt and thats all that counts

Bennie Roux is 13 miles from the end of Moab 240.

Hes been running since Friday afternoon our time! 2 days 16 hours.

Hes been running with some other chap for the last ~50 miles tied for second place!

Its been awesome to watch

2 days, 22 hours, 40 minutes. 244 miles, third place!

What a beaut