ScottCM

Advantage of running is (1) you are slower so more time to react to anything in the road you need to avoid and (2) oncoming cars are on your side so its also easy to see if you need to quickly step onto the sidewalk or move further to the side if it looks like the car is going to be close. I love running in the dark...cycling I'm definitely more nervous.

On most of my runs that happens about 80% of the time  :cursing:  .........even early morning runs when there is just 1 car on the road and they can easily give a wide berth.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On most of my runs that happens about 80% of the time  :cursing:  .........even early morning runs when there is just 1 car on the road and they can easily give a wide berth.

I go with the "positive reinforcement" plan...if a car clearly gives me space I wave and thank them. When someone forces me onto the pavement even though the road is empty I also give some feedback, but its not as positive  :whistling:

I see the Nike trail 2 just dropped on the website... Does this mean it'll be available in store or only online?

I see the Nike trail 2 just dropped on the website... Does this mean it'll be available in store or only online?

Don't see why it wouldn't be available in-stores? 

Note that the Pegasus Trail 2 is a very different shoe to the Pegasus 36 Trail.

Don't see why it wouldn't be available in-stores?

Note that the Pegasus Trail 2 is a very different shoe to the Pegasus 36 Trail.

Just put in an order to see shipping costs and time line, R250 and over a week for shipping, which I assume means it's shipping from overseas (some of my other nikes did this when I ordered online).

That's exactly why I wouldn't mind trying a pair, I could never get the Pegasus to work for my feet.

Never tried it, no. But I would expect it to give you the same level of Effort Gauge to ensure you keep the work rate at an even level throughout.

The Power placeholder is just a convenient metric for which the online tools already exist to keep track of, which makes it nice.

Saying that, I have to concur with others about running without metrics, it is way more enjoyable.

But I do think there is a balance to be found where you can do targeted workouts with power in the week to maximise your gains for a given session, and then on weekends you "just run" and listen to your body.

I am still inclined to attack any uphill too hard, which needs to be kept in check, so I glance at my watch when climbing to make sure I am not too ambitious.

I used the Gradient Adjusted Pace metric during my run this morning. Based on a test sample of 1 it seems to do just the job its supposed to. Will have to run a couple more trials with it over the next week but I think it could be a great value add, very similar to a "power" number.

Stoked to have found what looks like a very cheap, but potentially worthwhile, solution.

Anyone ran with the Salomon ADV Hydra Vest 4 ? I can get one from amazon.uk for about R960 including 2 x 500ml soft flasks. Will be delivered to my MIL who lives in the UK.

91SAG2-J5qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've never heard of that model, I'm assuming it's actually the adv skin 5?

I run in the adv skin 12 and really enjoy it!

I've never heard of that model, I'm assuming it's actually the adv skin 5?

I run in the adv skin 12 and really enjoy it!

From the reviews I read apparently it's a special model unit and is only available via specific retailers

I have one issue with Salomon vests. And make no mistake, but for this I love their vests.

Their  :cursing: zips stop working. I have a perfectly good 12l vest. With my medical kit stuck inside, because that zip is obviously not used often and is now completely stuck.

Onto another topic.... I just got my Oceans t-shirt and buff. The t-shirt cannot be classified as tight-fitting.

My M sits like... well, my wife said we should hear whether they have S left over! Okay, I did loose some weight during lockdown, but seriously?!  :eek:

I have one issue with Salomon vests. And make no mistake, but for this I love their vests.

Their  :cursing: zips stop working. I have a perfectly good 12l vest. With my medical kit stuck inside, because that zip is obviously not used often and is now completely stuck.

Onto another topic.... I just got my Oceans t-shirt and buff. The t-shirt cannot be classified as tight-fitting.

My M sits like... well, my wife said we should hear whether they have S left over! Okay, I did loose some weight during lockdown, but seriously?!  :eek:

Would a bit of olive oil on the teeth work to get them unstuck?

Anyone ran with the Salomon ADV Hydra Vest 4 ? I can get one from amazon.uk for about R960 including 2 x 500ml soft flasks. Will be delivered to my MIL who lives in the UK.

91SAG2-J5qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Never used one. But seems a good price. Just the flasks would be about £10 each I'd imagine?

Your biggest issue would be getting it to SA. Not very likely for a long time unless you know someone on a repatriation flight?

Never used one. But seems a good price. Just the flasks would be about £10 each I'd imagine?

Your biggest issue would be getting it to SA. Not very likely for a long time unless you know someone on a repatriation flight?

Yes , the flasks alone go for about that. We planning on immigrating to the UK , would have actually left this month if it wasn't for covid. Will have it delivered to my MIL in the UK and she can keep it till we get there.

Would a bit of olive oil on the teeth work to get them unstuck?

Nope, tried a vast number of things. One of the issues being it's a reverse zip, so the "teeth" are on the inside.

Nope, tried a vast number of things. One of the issues being it's a reverse zip, so the "teeth" are on the inside.

Try rubbing a graphite pencil all over it apparently

Otherwise wash it with soapy water and cloth, or just rub dry soap all over

The teeth are on the inside... My wife's boereraat (and yes, she is a farm girl!) was crayons. But you cannot get to the actual zip to rub it on! It needs another wash, so I'll try soaking it in liquid soap. Those poor Myprodols are long since no longer of any use!