ScottCM

Longest training week I've ever done is about 110km and that was before comrades. Marathon training now I'll do about 4 to 6 solid weeks between 50 to 55 miles.. But that's it.... Guess that's why I don't have a sub 3!

Must admit my pb’s up to half marathon have always come unexpectedly in the middle of high mileage training weeks. This should serve as motivation to up the mileage but as a shift worker there is just no time to do it. Can’t fit two sessions a day in to my schedule and having two rest days a week seems much more beneficial to my body’s aches and pains than forcing extra mileage on it.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Longest training week I've ever done is about 110km and that was before comrades. Marathon training now I'll do about 4 to 6 solid weeks between 50 to 55 miles.. But that's it.... Guess that's why I don't have a sub 3!

Must admit my pb’s up to half marathon have always come unexpectedly in the middle of high mileage training weeks. This should serve as motivation to up the mileage but as a shift worker there is just no time to do it. Can’t fit two sessions a day in to my schedule and having two rest days a week seems much more beneficial to my body’s aches and pains than forcing extra mileage on it.

Has anyone done a 100 mile training week?

I saw it on The Ginger Runners youtube page a while back and I can't shake it. Races don't count, just a week of purely self-inflicted 'training' pain.

(the channel is well worth a browse if you don't know him, its mostly trail but there are solid reviews and really excellent mini-documentaries that he makes)

Funnily enough I do fairly often.

If I run Mon, Tue, Wed then do a 100-120km adventure Friday evening/night/Saturday morning I clock that up on the trails in a week.

That or if I'm training for time splits over a big distance I will run 10-15km a few times in the week at easy pace then do 2 x 35-50km at 'race splits' on consecutive days.

The km add up pretty quickly when you're having fun

Funnily enough I do fairly often.

If I run Mon, Tue, Wed then do a 100-120km adventure Friday evening/night/Saturday morning I clock that up on the trails in a week.

That or if I'm training for time splits over a big distance I will run 10-15km a few times in the week at easy pace then do 2 x 35-50km at 'race splits' on consecutive days.

The km add up pretty quickly when you're having fun

You were a given..

I was asking the 'normal' people here ????

As far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to wear what he wants.

Regardless, if I ever do another track workout, I'm taking my (cycling) sleeves 

Hey guys looking for a new racing shoes mainly for 5 - 10km, have asics gel nimbus for loner runs.

Budget around R 2000 (want to use my discovery shoes booster)

I see the Nike Men's Air Zoom Pegasus 37 which looks like a good option

Any recommendations ?

Thanks 

Asics Gel DS Trainer 

Edited by Prince

Cool video

Love this guys videos, the Bass straight, running the railway line and the Bean Man are also really great videos. Genuine enjoyment for outdoors and running.

Love this guys videos, the Bass straight, running the railway line and the Bean Man are also really great videos. Genuine enjoyment for outdoors and running.

Are you tempted to try the bean diet?

Are you tempted to try the bean diet?

I have been known to down the odd can of baked beans in an adventure race, I tend to leave it at that otherwise it is a little too much like rocket fuel.

Personally I love beans, but not as my staple diet thank you. 

In other news there is an epic Orienteering race happening in Lapland right now, 400+ km of wild running.

https://sportrec.eu/ui/#1fht189

Seems like Poobie Naidoo's is back online again.

Good thing, it's time for new shoes for me. Picked up a calf strain and then noticed that the left shoe is .5cm lower than the right!