ScottCM

Lately I’ve been suffering a bit with big toe metatarsal pain on my right foot so thought it was time to replace my Brooks GTS 20’s

Today I went for my first run in some Hoka’s (Hoka Gaviota 2) which are a stability shoe.

Event though i felt about 2 inches taller and my SOH commented that I look taller.....I am very happy with them so far, even tho it was a only a short 4K they were very comfortable and no post run metatarsal pain, something I’m prone to.

Really looking forward to running in them again.... and they were cheaper than the other options (ASICS kayano and brooks Ravenna)

Has anyone else run in these perhaps, and have feedback?

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you enter it under 'Coupon Code'?

I get an error message - Oops! Terms of coupon are not met.

Yes. Works on my side

I am interested, please DM me more details

Maybe we can arrange a group buy and save on shipping? Also been eyeing one for a while, but decided to wait for Rand/$ to improve before I finalised my purchase a few months back...

If we can get 3 people to commit (4 even better), can maybe try put in an order for the RUNN from CleverTraining at the end of the week. Should work out to about R1800 R2000 each with discount and shipping and VAT? If anyone is interested, please message me.

Edited by ridr

Looking for one more person interested in buying a RUNN from CleverTraining so we can order 4 - I think that will work out best cost wise...

Lately I’ve been suffering a bit with big toe metatarsal pain on my right foot so thought it was time to replace my Brooks GTS 20’s

Today I went for my first run in some Hoka’s (Hoka Gaviota 2) which are a stability shoe.

Event though i felt about 2 inches taller and my SOH commented that I look taller.....I am very happy with them so far, even tho it was a only a short 4K they were very comfortable and no post run metatarsal pain, something I’m prone to.

Really looking forward to running in them again.... and they were cheaper than the other options (ASICS kayano and brooks Ravenna)

Has anyone else run in these perhaps, and have feedback?

There seem to be quite a lot of newish Hoka models suddenly. I don't know if we get the Gaviota in SA. I always thought their stability offering was the Arahi - which I've heard good things about.

There seem to be quite a lot of newish Hoka models suddenly. I don't know if we get the Gaviota in SA. I always thought their stability offering was the Arahi - which I've heard good things about.

I seem to recall the distributer changed recently for Hoka so we should get the new stuff soon. Doubt Covid helped

Has anyone done a 100 mile training week?

I saw it on The Ginger Runners youtube page a while back and I can't shake it. Races don't count, just a week of purely self-inflicted 'training' pain.

(the channel is well worth a browse if you don't know him, its mostly trail but there are solid reviews and really excellent mini-documentaries that he makes)

I saw it on The Ginger Runners youtube page a while back and I can't shake it. Races don't count, just a week of purely self-inflicted 'training' pain.

(the channel is well worth a browse if you don't know him, its mostly trail but there are solid reviews and really excellent mini-documentaries that he makes)

130km last week is the closest I have gotten to that, and it was rough with a few big training runs and some quality sessions.

It is scary to see guys like Walmsley have average 140km/week the last few weeks easy, not even big weeks compared to earlier this year.

I think it is hard to compare to elites if you have jobs and families and responsibilities. To block out 6 hours to go get a 60km LSD run in really kills time for other stuff. It is much easier now with 0 social commitments like braai's and seeing family but it is still hard.

I normally do 3 100 mile weeks leading up to Comrades, by the time I get to these weeks I really enjoy them and feel better after them.  I space them about 3-4 weeks apart and the last one is with 6 weeks to go. 

I wouldn't do them for anything other than Ultra training and they work for me. 

Really enjoy Seth James Demoor youtube videos. Currently between Adidas SL 20 and Nike Pegasus 37, will have to try them both tomorrow. 

Longest training week I've ever done is about 110km and that was before comrades. Marathon training now I'll do about 4 to 6 solid weeks between 50 to 55 miles.. But that's it.... Guess that's why I don't have a sub 3!

Really enjoy Seth James Demoor youtube videos. Currently between Adidas SL 20 and Nike Pegasus 37, will have to try them both tomorrow. 

He's been creating a good thing with his channel. No showing off or being false. Just good videos. Putting out a video everyday must be quite a challenge. Amazing how many pairs of shoes and other gear is being sent to him now to review.

I have seen a couple of reports stating the Pegasus 37 requires re-glueing with not even a lot of k's on.

Anybody else saw similar reports? (IIRC RD Murray also mentioned it on his feed.)

I have seen a couple of reports stating the Pegasus 37 requires re-glueing with not even a lot of k's on.

Anybody else saw similar reports? (IIRC RD Murray also mentioned it on his feed.)

Just watched Richard's review, he gave it 9/10, no mention of re-gluing. Also couldn't find anything on other reviews. Would be interesting to see if it's a longterm issue.