ScottCM

Aonijie Moderate Gale 2.5L Hydration Pack available to buy online at @TAKEALOT We offer fast, reliable delivery to your door. https://www.takealot.com/aonijie-moderate-gale-2-5l-hydration-pack/PLID56261841

About to pull the trigger on this vest. Anybody have experience with them? Must be honest, I would rather spend the R700 instead of the R2000-R3000 on the Salomons. Fitted it at the Run store in Bellville and spotted it for R300 less on Takealot.

I have one of these (Windrunner or something like that). I'm a novice trail runner - its been perfect for me, no issue so far. I've probably only run with it 15-20 times so still relatively new.

Also just couldn't bring myself to spend big on the name ones. What hurt is that straight after I bought mine there were some Ultimate Direction ones on special for almost the same amount. 

post-23819-0-81237500-1594128204_thumb.jpg

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aonijie Moderate Gale 2.5L Hydration Pack available to buy online at @TAKEALOT We offer fast, reliable delivery to your door. https://www.takealot.com/aonijie-moderate-gale-2-5l-hydration-pack/PLID56261841

About to pull the trigger on this vest. Anybody have experience with them? Must be honest, I would rather spend the R700 instead of the R2000-R3000 on the Salomons. Fitted it at the Run store in Bellville and spotted it for R300 less on Takealot.

I have a Withwind 5L https://trailmag.co.za/aonijie-withwind-5l-review/

Used it many times, never had an issue and does what it's meant to do.

Looks decent. I have the Aonijie Withwind 5l and for a running vest I have the Salomon S-lab Sense Ultra 5. I very seldom wear a hydration pack or vest but must say I really like the Salomon vest. With 2 soft flasks it's plenty and very comfortable. When I get into more mountain running in Europe I'd go with the Salamon vest if water carrying isn't a big requirement.

That being said the Aonijie isn't bad at all so I'd imagine the vest you're looking at would work out and price is way better than Salomon. And how often would you realistically need to wear one anyway?

I ordered 2 Aonijie packs from Aliexpress (1 hadn't arrived after 60 days so I submitted a request for refund. I was refunded according to their policy but it then arrived anyway) and the Salomon I got at a great price in the U.K.

First time venturing into this thread as I've very recently started running as the universe coalesced it into my life more than me actually wanting to start doing it. Up until a week ago I firmly maintained "why run when humanity has figured out a much more efficient mode of transport called riding a bike?!?". I had tried running for a handful of weeks 6 years ago to lose some weight, but that initiative died a quick and silent death.

Somehow within the last two weeks I was given an old disused Maxed treadmill and bought a Garmin 735XT, which is primarily a running watch (even though I bought it as the cheapest sturdy navigation watch I could find for MTB). With it being two new toys that complimented each other I tried a 5K on the treadmill and ran for ~32 min. My buddy that runs at work told me that's a fair time, but I should try an outdoor run to get the watch calibrated and improve its accuracy.

So I went out this morning for an outdoor 5K in my complex and did a 28:54. I used my cycling HR gauge to manage my pace and ran consistently in my lower Z4 range, increasing it to upper Z4 at the end of the run.

Now, quite surprisingly, I actually enjoyed that a lot more than I thought I would. Its a lot quicker and a lot less schlep than going out for a ride (in winter at least), and seems to give me a pretty decent workout in a much shorter time than a ride would. While I don't see it becoming my primary activity, I'm excited by the prospect of its shorter duration allowing me to get more than two or three activities a week in.

Now that I have more of an appreciation for it, if you've completed a Comrades, I consider you a ******* beast.

The 735XT is actually a triathlon device capable of giving you swimming, cycling and running metrics. Not as feature rich as the 935/945 or the Fenix range, but’s certainly not a running only watch.

Enjoy the running though... it’s nice to have the capability to run.

I tried on a Kalenji running pack on the weekend and was actually very impressed. I am going to go buy one this coming weekend. At under R500 for the 5l, it will be a perfect training pack and save the 3k salomon pack for big runs and races.

If I get held up while running they can just take the bag no worries at R500.

5l is perfect for a rain jacket, some food and a little water. Perfect for those 25-50km training runs. 

If I get held up while running they can just take the bag no worries at R500.

Seeing this makes me so depressed about how things are in SA. I know it has been going on for many years but it's so sad that the good people of SA should have to even think of such things happening.

Spending time in Europe the last couple years I must admit I haven't once had the feeling of unease or fear of getting robbed when going running or in general day to day living really. Absolutely it's not all roses and sunshine in Europe and crime exosts everywhere, but I have realised more and more that living the way one has to in SA (generalising as not all towns are equal) is just not right. The build up of fear is continual and unhealthy.

Slight diversion from me. Apologies

Anybody here deal with plantar faciatis ( spelling is gross i know ) 

It's pretty set in with me now , if i do stretches every night its not bad but if i miss it the next day will be hell 

changing over to a job where i stand a lot hasn't been great and i started feeling it last year but was dealing with something else.

other than stretching what excercises seemed to help you quick ? Only been to physio once before the lockdown but gona get into it again from next week , the pain is getting a bit much 

Edit , did sole inserts help ? and if yes which ones and where did you go to buy them 

Edited by BaGearA

It's pretty set in with me now , if i do stretches every night its not bad but if i miss it the next day will be hell

changing over to a job where i stand a lot hasn't been great and i started feeling it last year but was dealing with something else.

other than stretching what excercises seemed to help you quick ? Only been to physio once before the lockdown but gona get into it again from next week , the pain is getting a bit much

Edit , did sole inserts help ? and if yes which ones and where did you go to buy them

Roll your feet arches on an iced bottle regularly

Every night lift your leg straight up and use a sock to pull the front part of your foot down. Do that regularly (I actually tried to concoct something that let me sleep with my feet like that.)

When you wake up.. Same stretches before you get up

It's an overuse injury.. inner Soles gonna do nothing

Roll your feet arches on an iced bottle regularly

Every night lift your leg straight up and use a sock to pull the front part of your foot down. Do that regularly (I actually tried to concoct something that let me sleep with my feet like that.)

When you wake up.. Same stretches before you get up

It's an overuse injury.. inner Soles gonna do nothing

okay but I havent run properly since Nov ? 

I was also using shoes i shouldv'e thrown away years ago ( physio said that definitely could've contributed ) 

Odd question, as I am still coming to grips with all this pain cave technology. 

I managed 2 short run sessions on the treadmill. One was fine which was a zone 1/2 steady jog that I did a walk run for the duration. 

The second session called for warm ups and then various times in certain zones :

20 sec zone 4 and 40 secs recovery, how is this even possible, by the time I get the treadmill to 13 or 14 speed it's taken 20 sec to get there and equally so on getting back to fast walk recovery. 

I have an old trojan cardio coach 5000, not sure if newer treadmills deal with these speed changes much quicker. 

I I have noticed I run like a hippo, while trying to be aware of how I am landing and rolling off (usually heel, but if I concentrate I can strike more flat then roll onto the balls and off to next stroke. 

I really should get out on the road, working from home, it's just easy to hit the treadmill or indoor trainer for my sessions. 

Really itching to take both the bike and run outside, but do want to master indoor training as well. 

I dealt with it a few months back, now this may sound silly but it worked for me, may not be the same for you. My issue was a tight calf.

So if you do a standard calf stretch against the wall but adjust it slightly. If you stretching your left calf. Your right foot is typically forward providing support. Take your right(Front) foot and move it left until it is outside or to the left of your left leg that is being stretched. You will feel it stretched slightly differently but it honestly sorted me out in a matter of 10 days. I stretched 3 time a day and came right.

Seeing this makes me so depressed about how things are in SA. I know it has been going on for many years but it's so sad that the good people of SA should have to even think of such things happening.

Spending time in Europe the last couple years I must admit I haven't once had the feeling of unease or fear of getting robbed when going running or in general day to day living really. Absolutely it's not all roses and sunshine in Europe and crime exosts everywhere, but I have realised more and more that living the way one has to in SA (generalising as not all towns are equal) is just not right. The build up of fear is continual and unhealthy.

Slight diversion from me. Apologies

It is a give and take, we have security issues because people can't follow laws, but the take away is being able to do as we please a lot of the time and break the laws that suit us( bribe police, drive home after a few beers, refer to speed limits as speed suggestions, run in parks when they closed, sneak across provincial borders to run in mountains during lock down, under pay domestic workers, ignore health and safety a lot, etc etc etc.

okay but I havent run properly since Nov ?

I was also using shoes i shouldv'e thrown away years ago ( physio said that definitely could've contributed )

Yes.. Old flat shoes also contribute.. That's your problem

Not this 2.5L one specifically, but I got the 5L one and are VERY happy with it.  No way that I would pay the amount for the Solomons, even if I had that money where you can get these for a R1,000 and less. 

Mine

https://www.takealot.com/aonijie-withwind-5l-waistcoat/PLID52292622

Bargian....

https://www.takealot.com/aonijie-windrunner-10l-size-m-l/PLID52292615

Edited by Jackes