ScottCM

It feels like its never ending After struggling the whole year with injuries and niggles I finally got to a point where I can slowly start building on a Comrades program. Yesterday I did an unplanned half marathon, felt really well and ran a pb. So feeling positive I downloaded the Parry BR program with the intention to commit from the coming week. Well...

This morning I played with the dog in the garden, tripped over him and planted my big toe on a concrete slab. 8 stitches and both muscles severed.

Strongs man, good to get these things out the way before Comrades prep begins to get serious

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like its never ending After struggling the whole year with injuries and niggles I finally got to a point where I can slowly start building on a Comrades program. Yesterday I did an unplanned half marathon, felt really well and ran a pb. So feeling positive I downloaded the Parry BR program with the intention to commit from the coming week. Well...

This morning I played with the dog in the garden, tripped over him and planted my big toe on a concrete slab. 8 stitches and both muscles severed.

Good grief, that looks like something out of one of the Saw movies. Hope you heal up soon, and that the niggles will also disappear while resting.

Has anyone done the Cherry Mountain Race in Ficksburg?  This year its the 18th November. There is a 23km and a 5km fun run. Is it worth doing??

Has anyone done the Cherry Mountain Race in Ficksburg? This year its the 18th November. There is a 23km and a 5km fun run. Is it worth doing??

Ive done the route with a bike before, never ran it, but planning to this year. Its mostly gravel road and jeep track. But not a trail run. If I remember correctly its quite up and down with a monster cement decent close to the finish.

Has anyone done the Cherry Mountain Race in Ficksburg?  This year its the 18th November. There is a 23km and a 5km fun run. Is it worth doing??

I've done it 3 x , last time in 2015,  very cool race, tough first half nice finish either way round.

Cool festival as well with some good Cherry Beer.

A question for the Giba trail runners...

My wife is dabbling in trail running at the moment (it is infinitely less boring than pounding the pavements...). We are members at Giba and as a nice family outing on a Sunday afternoon we all head off for a run/cycle. My eldest son and her run and me and the little guy ride. We've done the Waterfall trail a few times but she wants to try something a little bit more challenging.

I've overheard people talking about 10 - 15km trail runs at Giba but as far as I was aware, only the waterfall rail is a shared trail and that comes out at about 4-5km... 

Where do you trail runners run if you run at Giba?

I'm not sure if I should be excited or not but yesterday I finished my longest LSD of 36km @ a pace of 5'57". I ran the entire run nonstop and none of my ITB issues seemed to slow me down. I'm not sure if it's my mind-set before the LSD because I tend to feel it more in shorter runs around 10-15km. I have entered Soweto and I'm aiming for a sub 4. Hopefully my program gets me there with a smile on my face.

So how many hubbers have entered for the 2018 down run? 

I am one of the 7000 that have entered!

PS. And we have reached 5000 posts!!

Thought about if for just a second, but no. I don't see Comrades in my near (or far) future.. But what are my running plans/goals for next year? Definitely Two Oceans. And then a few trail runs (Whale of Trail and Mount-Aux-Sources are very, very high on my list).

Entered! Looking forward to going a bit faster next year, feeling much better going for number 3!

Yep I'm IN :clap:

And CT marathon next weekend, who is joining me in CT?

Enjoy. Looks like favourable running weather in the Cape (I want to say unfortunately, because the Cape really needs some rain...). CT marathon also on my list for some time in the future, but flying down to the Cape 3/4 times a year is bit to hard for a government worker at this point in time.

Yep I'm IN :clap:

And CT marathon next weekend, who is joining me in CT?

No Epic anymore bud? or is the Epic still on too?