ScottCM

See you at Tough One. I will be the one using the F word like commas... Hope it is going to be cooler than 94.7

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Nola Circle and Holland Ave. We usually enter from Judy Avenue, via Forbes and Rebublic. This way we don't get stuck in the traffic of people trying to park at Old Parktonians.

Thank you for the tip!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Seems like some pretty good weather for running tomorrow in Randburg.

I do forsee parking issues at the RAC race so I'm going to try a go early.

I also hope my bakkie doesn't get stolen because it's just behind a Polo on the most wanted list...e25418bef7d0fa4f0510964b21f340cc.jpg

I also hope my bakkie doesn't get stolen because it's just behind a Polo on the most wanted list...

Now that’s problem I’ve not encountered for awhile

????

Good luck!!

RAC Tuff one. Firstly the JMPD did an amazing job at the road closures. They were all very friendly as well , a real breath of fresh air .

The race was tuff. I definitely forgot how hard running can get. I had to dig a little at the end when it started to hurt.

I can't believe the numbers at the Gauteng races . I don't know if it is Parkrun that is getting so many people on the road but today the road was full for the entire race in the 3h30m pace runners group

Edited by Jaws677

Had a fun day out at the Tough One, wasn't expecting much as had done only a 17km run since CPT marathon in Sept and recovered from an ITB, so just went on feel with no real aim of a goal time. Felt strong the whole race and sneaked in sub 3hrs with a 2.59hr. So happy with my run :)

Well organised event, heard afterwards from some friends running behind me that a runner was hit at an intersection and it looked quite bad, driver did not stop and police went off in chase.

Only gripe is they ran out of Icon medals for sub 3hr!

Otherwise looked like 6000 runners had a good day out.

I also had a enjoyable run at Tough One yesterday, except the last 5k where I suffered quite a bit. Weather was nice, although it was getting warm towards the end!

running peeps ,

ran my first trail run this weekend ( 12km ) very nice quite event so great to get into it and all i can say is ( WOW ) 

loved it .

people are super cool and running with game all round you was something to remember .

Can anyone advice on the best way to try and get an Om die Dam 50 km entry, best place so ask or were to place an advert ?

While checking out my Tough One results this morning I noticed I did a 20sec PB on Tough One yesterday (yes, know it is not much), even though my endurance was not quite there on the last 5km. So at least my leg speed is getting back to where it was 3-4 years ago.

Can anyone advice on the best way to try and get an Om die Dam 50 km entry, best place so ask or were to place an advert ?

IF you are willing to wait 'till 4-6 weeks before the race there should be loads on entries available (even on here)

Had a good first Tough One experience overall . Parking was a breeze ( Thanks Cobus for the tip about Nola Park) , didn't feel broken after  and i didn't chaff  :clap:  

The run went pretty good considering it was my first Tough One and the first time i ran more than 21km. Just tried to maintain the same effort throughout and wasn't to worried about maintaining the same pace. 

Legs are a bit sore today but pretty happy with a 03h36.