ScottCM

How many Parkrunners here and what times are you guys running?

I have done about 7 now. I usually attend the Golden Harvest Parkrun where I always miss the sub 25min mark.

My aim is to get under 25min before the end of the year .....

Done about 10 Parkruns. Only done the Midstream one. Cannot get below 28 minutes. Very frustrating

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont pay a lot of attention to my heart rate while running, but Ive noticed this on almost all of my runs. My heart rate spikes right from the gun and then drops suddenly after about 5mins, while running the same pace. Is this normal? I guess its just how my body reacts After warming up?

post-734-0-20233000-1513315786_thumb.jpeg

Had the same a while ago on the Suunto I used at that time. How old is the battery in your HR strap?  :ph34r:

I dont pay a lot of attention to my heart rate while running, but Ive noticed this on almost all of my runs. My heart rate spikes right from the gun and then drops suddenly after about 5mins, while running the same pace. Is this normal? I guess its just how my body reacts After warming up?

I have the total opposite, for shorter runs. Raced an 8km on wed and it was a slow gradual increase from start to finish

Try wetting the heart rate strap /your chest before you go run, it's not reading properly until you break a sweat.

Whooohooo! Most replied-to topic on the (bike)hub! :whistling:

And I'm just gonna add to that... Well done ladies and gents Edited by Stretch

Try wetting the heart rate strap /your chest before you go run, it's not reading properly until you break a sweat.

Thanks, will try this and the battery!

This Almost for sure

@mudimus - what type of strap are u using.

I used to have this problem with the old polar textile type straps especially in winter ❄️ when the humidity is very low

I thought about treating myself to a scosche rythmn+ for Christmas.... But at €70 .. Eish.... I'll stick to my old chest strap

Two runs (of 42) into my 14-wk plan to run a 10km in under 60-mins, third run planned for Sunday.

Tuesday’s run was cool in that it was my daughter’s first bicycle ride on live roads. She thoroughly enjoyed it and can’t wait for each day I plod along, just so she can ride with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it Frosty! Well done! Stick to the plan...  :thumbup:  Soon you'll find it to be so easy. What once was your goal, later becomes your warm-up! 

I still remember very vividly going out for a run late at night so nobody can see me, just a couple of years ago. It's the same now with my swimming!  :blush:

How many Parkrunners here and what times are you guys running?

I have done about 7 now. I usually attend the Golden Harvest Parkrun where I always miss the sub 25min mark.

My aim is to get under 25min before the end of the year .....

I've racked up a little over 50 now and I still really enjoy them. They're great as a fitness test or to sharpen some racing skills but can also be a brilliant way to break up a long run or just include a tempo session in the middle of a run.

What's the Golden Harvest course like? I started at Delta until it got overcrowded and now I tend to run Alberts Farm, which is the most enjoyable and varied course I've run on so far.

I've racked up a little over 50 now and I still really enjoy them. They're great as a fitness test or to sharpen some racing skills but can also be a brilliant way to break up a long run or just include a tempo session in the middle of a run.

What's the Golden Harvest course like? I started at Delta until it got overcrowded and now I tend to run Alberts Farm, which is the most enjoyable and varied course I've run on so far.

Its said to be the tuffest one :-)

Usually around 650 runners and 1000 in peak times. If you can manage 24min you will be in the top 25 so not crowed