ScottCM

Into the 11th week of my 0-10K training plan (14 weeks), and I've just run a 1:00:36 for my first time over 10Km. Might not sound impressive, but I wasn't even running 11 weeks ago.

My first ever (running) race in 3 weeks time, so looking forward to dipping under the 1 hour mark.

YTD: 160Km running, and 1005Km cycling. Happy with the progress.

That is excellent! Congratulations and well done sticking to your program.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Into the 11th week of my 0-10K training plan (14 weeks), and I've just run a 1:00:36 for my first time over 10Km. Might not sound impressive, but I wasn't even running 11 weeks ago.

My first ever (running) race in 3 weeks time, so looking forward to dipping under the 1 hour mark.

Never apologise for a time supposedly not sounding impressive. We're all running with the cards we were dealt. Besides, it sounds like you're going to break the 60 minute barrier on your first race attempt, which is a great achievement. Good luck with the race and congrats on your dedication. Edited by Barry Stuart

Nothing wrong there Frosty, well done!

I just ran my 1st 10k training run this year tonight and was rather happy with my time of +/ 58 min...

Especially considering the weather.... -0.5 deg without taking the wind chill factor into account and it was blowing with lots of little small frozen snow flakes.... my lips were getting cold and my face felt chaffed...

Edited by SwissVan

That's more mileage than a lot of people here who are running Oceans next month and Comrades in June, Well Done. Really stoked for you that you have been able to get this far and will achieve your goal on your first attempt. 

on a side note, have you noticed any gains towards your cycling, be it weight control or general fitness?

Frosty, maybe you could , if you don't mind, share your couch to 10km program here? That way I might help a fellow aspiring sub60 runner in the future, in fact I'm pretty sure there are some silent followers of this thread currently that would want to follow such a proven program. 

Also, once you demolished your event come back and give us a journey (from Day 1 to Race Day) report please. I'm sure many will be able to relate and connect with your story and share your achievement with you. 

Edited by ScottC-M

Frosty, maybe you could , if you don't mind, share your couch to 10km program here? That way I might help a fellow aspiring sub60 runner in the future, in fact I'm pretty sure there are some silent followers of this thread currently that would want to follow such a proven program. 

Also, once you demolished your event come back and give us a journey (from Day 1 to Race Day) report please. I'm sure many will be able to relate and connect with your story and share your achievement with you. 

I agree with this. We all started from zero.

I wish I documented my first couple of months of running.

You never know whom you are inspiring.

I agree with this. We all started from zero.

I wish I documented my first couple of months of running.

You never know whom you are inspiring.

100%. I remember discovering Parkrun and beginning to run 5km. Then the huge sense of achievement when I ran a 10km Nike run (the one through Alexandra).

Then you're hooked and it's all downhill from there…  :)

I found this info about the Hot Legs 32km on the 4th of March... I have just entered. 

(Entries close tomorrow)

It is going to be a long day for me, thankful that it is a single lapper. Not many single lap 32km races.

Thanks for this!

Just had a closer look.... there some serious hills... fun  :blink:

Edited by shaper

I found this info about the Hot Legs 32km on the 4th of March... I have just entered. 

(Entries close tomorrow)

It is going to be a long day for me, thankful that it is a single lapper. Not many single lap 32km races.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1935912491

attachicon.gif27867936_10214361611449709_3953842657090305850_n.jpgattachicon.gif27750816_10214361612329731_3078714517350881277_n.jpgattachicon.gif27867469_10214361612689740_6433183080338837458_n.jpg

Some hard work to be done on the second half of this one.

(Entries close tomorrow)

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/1935912491

attachicon.gif27867936_10214361611449709_3953842657090305850_n.jpgattachicon.gif27750816_10214361612329731_3078714517350881277_n.jpgattachicon.gif27867469_10214361612689740_6433183080338837458_n.jpg

Had i not already entered Vaal HM i would have done this 32km. Let us know how it goes, maybe look towards it for next year

In a race environment that's a 55....I will be interested to see what you end up with when you do a 10km in a race environment. What is the goal race? Edited by Stretch

I'm starting the get new road shoes hunt.

Currently I am using the Saucony Kinvara and the Peregine which is both 4mm drop.

Basically I am limited to what is at sportsmans warehouse so that I can use discovery's shoe booster.

How big will the difference be ... should I take something that now has a 8 or 10 mm drop?

Is it recommendable or should I stick to what I have?

The reason why I am looking at something other than the Kinvara is that I did not last as long as I would have wanted it to last.

Don't get me wrong. I like the shoes but it is starting to notice as I can feel a niggle in my one big toe after a run.

I have done about 700km with them.

What do you guys think? 

That's more mileage than a lot of people here who are running Oceans next month and Comrades in June, Well Done. Really stoked for you that you have been able to get this far and will achieve your goal on your first attempt.

on a side note, have you noticed any gains towards your cycling, be it weight control or general fitness?

Considerng the lack of HIIT I felt it on Sunday at Ride for Sight. Struggled up the hills where normally I’m a pretty good climber. If I was riding Vets I would have solo’d to the finish from about halfway.

The lung capacity is fine, as I’m able to recover quite quickly after an effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk