ScottCM

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Munga-

Bennie out front

Pavel not far behind- for those of you who don't know Pavel, he is strong, like really strong and will get stronger- google the spine race and you will se he has won it....

Nicky is in with the next bunch of guys lurking also not far off 2nd place.

Brad Hyman is there with Nicky, he is also strong, I don't know Bo but evidently he is a solid runner as well. this is gonna be a long week of dot watching...

but yeah, for the moment now I am going to through myself a little pity party  :lol:

Last nights walk took the tally for April up to 35kms....   With absolutely no chance of running in the near future as yet, tried that, got the reminder of situation...  -_- :lol:

Congratulations to all that finished Ironman. It was truly inspirational to watch!! 

What a great Race Report Shaper, enjoyed reading it.

Good luck with the World Champs!

Thanks, really looking forward to World's and the vibe... but will need to up my game, especially on the running, top guys were running 3:30 or quicker marathons!

A long hard winter of training... starting with a recovery 21km at Birchwood this weekend :)

Last nights walk took the tally for April up to 35kms....   With absolutely no chance of running in the near future as yet, tried that, got the reminder of situation...  -_- :lol:

Eish man, I feel your pain 

Seems like another cool  overcast day at Loskop tomorrow.

(I am getting a bit concerned that if we get a scorcher at Comrades, some of the runners heat acclimatisation won't be ideal as many of the mar's & ultra's this year were in cool, overcast or rainy conditions.  Ref  Akasia, Deloiite IIRC, Om Die  Dam, Loskop, and many of the other shorter races (21-32) in Gauteng over the past couple of months.)

Seems like another cool  overcast day at Loskop tomorrow.

(I am getting a bit concerned that if we get a scorcher at Comrades, some of the runners heat acclimatisation won't be ideal as many of the mar's & ultra's this year were in cool, overcast or rainy conditions.  Ref  Akasia, Deloiite IIRC, Om Die  Dam, Loskop, and many of the other shorter races (21-32) in Gauteng over the past couple of months.)

Two options:

1.) Move your treadmill into a small room and train with no ventilation to try and improve your heat acclimitisation

2.) Don't worry about it. Its the weather...it might rain, it might be hot, it might be windy, it might be perfect, it might be Boston 2018.

Good luck to all running Loskop tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

I have no time expectations for tomorrow, just another long run for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Am I looking in the right place? Someone was field-trialling some Mr Price running shoes? Any updates so far??

Me thinks you need to find a new Physio.. I have had 2 ITB's in the last 18 months, each time have managed to get it sorted in 6 weeks or so and happily running ironmans.

Me thinks you need to find a new Physio.. I have had 2 ITB's in the last 18 months, each time have managed to get it sorted in 6 weeks or so and happily running ironmans.

Who is the physio who treated you please?

Please send that physio up here!

I was at the chiro for something else incidentally last week.  He recons it comes from my fibular head being "stuck", not moving.  :huh: