ScottCM

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's one way to ensure only the cream of the corn will be present.

Certainly does... Although I checked and there were Well over 100 sub 2:10's in 2018!

@Lexx... Let's see your heart rate from this morning's run [emoji23]

I almost Sh@t in my pants. The picture doesn't do it justice. This Dinosaur was way over 2m. I didnt stop to check if it was dead. To much of a wussy.

post-32956-0-89921000-1552466211_thumb.jpg

I almost Sh@t in my pants. The picture doesn't do it justice. This Dinosaur was way over 2m. I didnt stop to check if it was dead. To much of a wussy.

Nice black mamba  :thumbup: 

I'd guess dead, since they're quite shy and won't hang around a road for very long.

Nice black mamba :thumbup:

I'd guess dead, since they're quite shy and won't hang around a road for very long.

My thoughts exactly. But I must say, I didnt see any blood or marks on him. Maybe died of old age lol

My thoughts exactly. But I must say, I didnt see any blood or marks on him. Maybe died of old age lol

Yeah, best to not take any chances anyway... they can still kill you when dead if you mishandle the head. Beautiful, scary as f*ck creatures... luckily they generally want to get as far away from us as possible. 

Certainly does... Although I checked and there were Well over 100 sub 2:10's in 2018!

And we've had a number of SA men go sub 2:10 over the last few years.

I also nearly had to get a change of pants when I saw this pic on strava this morning. I would not even have waited around to take a pic! 

My biopsy tests came back positive for the H.Pylori bacteria once again and the Gastroenterologist is convinced it is causing my nausea. So, antibiotics here we go again. I started on the 4th of March with 500mg of Amoxil and 500mg of Tavanic for 5 days (twice a day). It made me feel really crap.
This meant I missed my qualifier (Kosmos) for OMTOM as I only finished my antibiotics on the day of the race. Both the pharmacist and the doctor said I should not exercise while I am drinking these antibiotics.

I waited for 3 days and went for a run last night. I felt not too bad for the first couple of kms but after 4 kms I was cramping so badly in both my calf muscles. I could barely walk the last km back to my car. This morning when I woke up I can still feel the pain in both my calf muscles.  

Not sure if it is or me or TheHub search not working... Is this the antibiotics? How long should I rest after using antibiotics? Has anyone experienced bad cramping after antibiotics?

My biopsy tests came back positive for the H.Pylori bacteria once again and the Gastroenterologist is convinced it is causing my nausea. So, antibiotics here we go again. I started on the 4th of March with 500mg of Amoxil and 500mg of Tavanic for 5 days (twice a day). It made me feel really crap.

This meant I missed my qualifier (Kosmos) for OMTOM as I only finished my antibiotics on the day of the race. Both the pharmacist and the doctor said I should not exercise while I am drinking these antibiotics.

I waited for 3 days and went for a run last night. I felt not too bad for the first couple of kms but after 4 kms I was cramping so badly in both my calf muscles. I could barely walk the last km back to my car. This morning when I woke up I can still feel the pain in both my calf muscles.  

Not sure if it is or me or TheHub search not working... Is this the antibiotics? How long should I rest after using antibiotics? Has anyone experienced bad cramping after antibiotics?

Eish... sorry Hacc

Can't remember the name of the Anti-biotics they warn you against exercising on - but I will definitely never take them again. They really stuffed me up. It was more joint, ligament aligned though if I recall.

Cramps could well be linked to your illness? Or after effects at least - if you're not getting oxygen efficiently to your muscles the odds of cramp greatly increase I would guess. 

But I'm no doc  :P 

Good luck, hope you come right. I'm also missing OMTOM now as I'm in no position to run ODD ultra this weekend. Going to do the sensible thing and stick with 21's for a while and build up a bit more and then hopefully qualify for Comrades etc

I guess those are the kind of questions the prescribing doctor should be answering.