ScottCM

Today is the anniversary of my first ever road (running) race. Below is my 2018 vs 2019 trophy case on Garmin Connect. The Alberton 21Km (1h58) ended up as 21.04Km and therefore doesn't register as a 21.1Km.

post-1372-0-84408200-1520868744.png

attachicon.gifPersonal Records.PNG

Work on bringing that 5k down to 25 even and the 21 time will reduce significantly

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the advice guys. Not sure what caused it. My guess is me taking my inners out of all my shoes. I did it because they stank and I could not get replacements here. Had for about a month give or take. Now I’m sleeping with some kind of boot on and have prescribed inners.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Not sure what caused it. My guess is me taking my inners out of all my shoes. I did it because they stank and I could not get replacements here. Had for about a month give or take. Now I’m sleeping with some kind of boot on and have prescribed inners.

I got it the once due to switching from support to neutral shoes and over tightening the laces all at the same time. No activity for 3 weeks with about 5 or 6 physio sessions and I managed to get it sorted

I never knew Garmin Connect had a 2018 vs 2019 records section... 

Anyways, as far as the weekend - I had an awesome Tour de Peninsula with two friends on MTB's. Best feeling was when somebody asked me in the tent afterwards what my time was and I had to admit that I have no idea and had to look it up on my Garmin!

I never knew Garmin Connect had a 2018 vs 2019 records section...

It doesn’t. I used the screenshot from 2018 and took another one today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaah, thanks Frosty... I was looking for it again this morning!   Would have been quite nice.

Odinson - which Saucony is that?! Wow... (Not liking the white soles, but really like the rest!)

Aaah, thanks Frosty... I was looking for it again this morning! Would have been quite nice.

Odinson - which Saucony is that?! Wow... (Not liking the white soles, but really like the rest!)

Switchback ISO. Would be interesting to know how well the Boa system works. There aren’t that many running shoes with it, so it’s either not that effective, makes the shoes too expensive/heavy or a combination thereof.

Switchback ISO. Would be interesting to know how well the Boa system works. There aren’t that many running shoes with it, so it’s either not that effective, makes the shoes too expensive/heavy or a combination thereof.

Imo.... I have the damn things on my cycling shoes (bought new last year) and they are starting to drive me nuts. There are 2 per shoe and the one at the top on both shoes is now starting to not loosen fully when taking the shoes off, this makes it harder to get my feet in and out.

#therewasfokolwrongwithvelcroimo

I also found the Boa laces to cause hot spots. And if you loosen them the whole fit changes, you can't adjust it like normal laces. Didn't enjoy them.

This nice thing for me with laces is that you can skip holes. I've done it on almost all my running shoes. 

Edit: Till now, now that I've found some actually properly fitting shoes... 

Edited by CBlake

I put salomon laces on most of my running shoes, #betterthanBOA and faster

Next time I see some will look but till then... what’s special about them?

The Missus and I went to EL for the Buffs Marathon. Windy and rainy, but oxygen at sea level is great when coming from the highveld.

Had a great run, but the admin was particularly poor. Shuttles were a stuff up, delayed the start by 30 minutes and few minutes before the scheduled start. Had a cars driving through the start line still with a minute to go to the gun. They have a #runclean policy, but no bins at the start - two porta loo's, and the WP's had very few bins afterwards to throw the sachets away. Must have been a nightmare to clean up.

Would I do it again? Yes, only because if you have something in the tank for the last 6km it is a very fast route even with the extra 200m.

We ran 2:55 for the A seeding.

Well Done Edgar. Awesome Time

Next time I see some will look but till then... what’s special about them?

Quicker to put on and take off shoes

Don't come loose

If they do come loose or you just didn't tighten them it is not an issue at all.