ScottCM

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto, ran with Asics Cumulus 19's; gave me endless issues with blue toenails. When I tossed them and upgraded to Cumulus 20's, I went half a size smaller and voila; No more blue toe nails.

Narrow, better fitting shoes solved my toe issues. I have skinny feet, so in wide shoes they slide forward and bump against the front and sides. In a narrow shoe my feet are much more secured. I run with a 5mm toe gap with no issues at all.

For those interested, I have compiled a list of single day trail running events. I have only included events that have at least a 25km option. If anyone want to contribute any more races please let me know.

Doing the Lord's work, Gifs!

For those interested, I have compiled a list of single day trail running events. I have only included events that have at least a 25km option. If anyone want to contribute any more races please let me know.

You can include the Sani Stagger 38km Trail . 23 Nov @ R390

1580m of climbing

Excuse my ignorance - but how is more narrow shoes going to solve black toenails?

Have a narrowish foot , ive tried cutting my nails very short, tried smaller shoes(to eliminate foot sliding),  even tried bigger shoes so my last call is to try narrower shoes, 

Currently running in Inov8 (which are my normal size but the issue is still there) 

If you've got some advice id appreciate it 

Have a narrowish foot , ive tried cutting my nails very short, tried smaller shoes(to eliminate foot sliding), even tried bigger shoes so my last call is to try narrower shoes,

Currently running in Inov8 (which are my normal size but the issue is still there)

If you've got some advice id appreciate it

Which nails are affected?

Are the affected nails on claw like toes.... not sure of the correct term but effectively these are toes which are not flat but rather the tips point down, typically the knuckle (joint behind the nail) on these toes sits quite high and might even chaf on the shoe top.

Edit: pointing down when running, they might not look like they point down under normal circumstances.

In the above case the length or width of the shoe will most likely not fix the problem.

Edited by SwissVan

Which nails are affected?

Are the affected nails on claw like toes.... not sure of the correct term but effectively these are toes which are not flat but rather the tips point down, typically the knuckle (joint behind the nail) on these toes sits quite high and might even chaf on the shoe top.

Edit: pointing down when running, they might not look like they point down under normal circumstances.

In the above case the length or width of the shoe will most likely not fix the problem.

Valid point.

Yes, called claw toes. Depending on the specific joint affected, may also be mallet toes.

Valid point.

Yes, called claw toes. Depending on the specific joint affected, may also be mallet toes.

Apparently caused by not eating your veggies when a child...

:whistling: 

S'true according to a reflexologist that i used to go to