ScottCM

What is everyone's thoughts on the Rainbow 21km in Kempton Park around September? 

I am testing my back this weekend and get the green light from Doc to start running again if all good. Seems like the perfect time for an entry and get into a training program. 

It's a well organised run and the course is pretty flat with a few bumps here and there but nothing hectic. Not the prettiest of courses when it comes to scenery and such as you run through Isando, but other than that I would recommend it.

Here is a strava link of the route.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1874436601

Edited by Khronis

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a well organised run and the course is pretty flat with a few bumps here and there but nothing hectic. Not the prettiest of courses when it comes to scenery and such as you run through Isando, but other than that I would recommend it.

Ah thank you very much! I live in Benoni so I knew the scenery wouldn't be much to write home about, just wanted to know from a organization point of view and route profile.

:thumbup:  

Do you know when entries open?

For those interested, I have compiled a list of single day trail running events. I have only included events that have at least a 25km option. If anyone want to contribute any more races please let me know.

This is awesome

Urgh. The taper got hold of me properly. Feeling down, stiff and just bleh. Luckily only two more days of work, then I can start avoiding all the sick people.

Hemel... who is that hottie

:eek:

Don't toes go black due to the foot sliding forwards and backwards or because you don't relax your foot while running and either point your toes down or up or cross them over without realising?

I have always used the widest shoes I can and provided I lace up correctly, don't lose nails at all.

Just ran a 100 miler and not a single sore toe or blister using Altra lone peak 4's.

My foot has loads of side to side space in the toe box.

Going narrower just seems like compounding the problem.

you just need your feet to match your shoes hey

I also have rather long narrow feet, and narrow shoes do help, but horses for courses, feet for shoes. If you watch a good farrier work they make the shoe fit the hoof...

Don't toes go black due to the foot sliding forwards and backwards or because you don't relax your foot while running and either point your toes down or up or cross them over without realising?

I have always used the widest shoes I can and provided I lace up correctly, don't lose nails at all.

Just ran a 100 miler and not a single sore toe or blister using Altra lone peak 4's.

My foot has loads of side to side space in the toe box.

Going narrower just seems like compounding the problem.

To me it makes sense that your foot will slide forward in a wider shoe, and that can cause black toe nails and blisters. The narrow fit definitely works for me. I tried Innov 8, wich is much wider than my Salomons, and for the first time I had blisters on my soles and in between my toes.

But like I said before, everything depends on the shape of your feet. I have long narrow feet, I need a shoe that fits securely. Anything more than a 5mm gap on the front and sides and I get toe issues and terrible heel slip.

To me it makes sense that your foot will slide forward in a wider shoe, and that can cause black toe nails and blisters. The narrow fit definitely works for me. I tried Innov 8, wich is much wider than my Salomons, and for the first time I had blisters on my soles and in between my toes.

But like I said before, everything depends on the shape of your feet. I have long narrow feet, I need a shoe that fits securely. Anything more than a 5mm gap on the front and sides and I get toe issues and terrible heel slip.

I actually wear smaller running shoes than my day to day formal shoes. Going against every single expert opinion on Googles. *shock and horror*

I actually wear smaller running shoes than my day to day formal shoes. Going against every single expert opinion on Googles. *shock and horror*

I do the same...

I suppose I am essentially a hobbit, so you guys with dainty narrow elvin feet are a foreign species.

My biggest issue is my 2nd toe, which is WAY longer than my big toe, so I have to make sure my shoes can accommodate that. 

Forward slipping for me indicated poor lacing or the fit over the arch is too big. Do any or all of you guys still use the traditional 'lock lace' threading at the top? I swear that is a forgotten practice that can sort out a lot of woes.

I suppose I am essentially a hobbit, so you guys with dainty narrow elvin feet are a foreign species.

My biggest issue is my 2nd toe, which is WAY longer than my big toe, so I have to make sure my shoes can accommodate that.

Forward slipping for me indicated poor lacing or the fit over the arch is too big. Do any or all of you guys still use the traditional 'lock lace' threading at the top? I swear that is a forgotten practice that can sort out a lot of woes.

Top of my feet are quite high, so if I lace too tight it gets painful, another reason why I prefer a narrow secure fit. I dont use lock lace technique but I do use that last lace hole.