ScottCM

I took the plunge a month ago and got myself a coach. not face to face coach, just a simple training plan that is reviewed every 3 weeks.

Aim is to do SA's cross country in September. I am 40-44, so we run 8km

my first league race is in two weeks.

As a prep, I had to race Voortrekker monument Vasbyt 10km last weekend. it is a crazy hard route, mostly trails, and over 10km, elevation is 260m.

in one month, my speed is up, strength on the climbs are up. Managed to finish 10th overall.

best R450 I spent this month

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what's up with Strava and how it assigns PR's? 

This morning I ran a PR 10km, but Strava tells me it's my 3rd best, with the PR it's giving me as 1.5min slower than my run this morning. 

Does not compute!

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it pulls PR's from race runs. If you want to update a specific PR, you have to do a manual entry. 

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216918487-All-Time-PRs

Edited by Odinson

Strava pulls mine from normal runs, not race runs.  

It's a bit confusing, but Strava gives you both PRs and Estimated Best Efforts. 

From the link: 

All-time Personal Records vs. Estimated Best Efforts

All-time Personal Records are a runner's fastest time ever run over a distance in an official race, or over a verified, known distance. Estimated Best Efforts are training level insight into GPS based activities.

This morning I ran a PR 10km, but Strava tells me it's my 3rd best, with the PR it's giving me as 1.5min slower than my run this morning. 

Does not compute!

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it pulls PR's from race runs. If you want to update a specific PR, you have to do a manual entry. 

PRs can be pulled through from Training runs or races

Did you maybe stop your watch at all during the run? Stop for water.. or to cross a busy road etc?

If It was one consistent recorded run and hit the full 10.0kms in one start/stop then it should record as a PR.

PRs can be pulled through from Training runs or races

Did you maybe stop your watch at all during the run? Stop for water.. or to cross a busy road etc?

If It was one consistent recorded run and hit the full 10.0kms in one start/stop then it should record as a PR.

Could be that. Stopped at the 4km to take my jacket off and tie it around my waist.

Guess Strava knew there'd be okes taking 'breathers' during a run to score a new PR. 

Could be that. Stopped at the 4km to take my jacket off and tie it around my waist.

Guess Strava knew there'd be okes taking 'breathers' during a run to score a new PR.

Yeah then it will record the full time from start to the final stop and save as that 10km effort

If you now save your run as a "Race" it will give you the Full time as Opposed to the "Moving time" it does for a training run

Garmin Connect files show it as the "Total Time", "Moving time " and " Elapsed Time"

Edited by Ferret69

Does not compute!

Definitely does not pull from only race runs, udder wise I'd have none.

Any run

So.... what was your PR time  :whistling:

Edited by SwissVan

Definitely does not pull from only race runs, udder wise I'd have none.

Any run

So.... what was your PR time  :whistling:

This morning was a moving time of 46:06, but an elapsed time of 47:46. So that 1:40 is obviously from stopping to take my jacket off. 

Strava 10k PR still sits at 47:27 

Does anyone know the route profile for Sunday's Run Zone 15 km race?

I don't but also planning on doing it..

Knowing Graham Block from Runzone though its not going to be flat

So my comeback race after a looong lay-off with my broken foot would've been the Skukuza 21km on the 3rd of August. This one lady in town had promised me her number because she's not going. But now all of a sudden its not available anymore.  :thumbdown: . So pissed with her..

And there's not a whole lot of other races in August in and around my area. Will be a bit of a waste driving to Joburg just for a 21km race  :ph34r:

So my comeback race after a looong lay-off with my broken foot would've been the Skukuza 21km on the 3rd of August. This one lady in town had promised me her number because she's not going. But now all of a sudden its not available anymore.  :thumbdown: . So pissed with her..

And there's not a whole lot of other races in August in and around my area. Will be a bit of a waste driving to Joburg just for a 21km race  :ph34r:

Not cool at all