ScottCM

Thanks very much. Link to said plan?

I'll post in 15 minutes... cooling down now on the IDT.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my comeback race after a looong lay-off with my broken foot would've been the Skukuza 21km on the 3rd of August. This one lady in town had promised me her number because she's not going. But now all of a sudden its not available anymore.  :thumbdown: . So pissed with her..

And there's not a whole lot of other races in August in and around my area. Will be a bit of a waste driving to Joburg just for a 21km race  :ph34r:

Lexx, PM me, I have one for you..

I had a great week of running, especially my weekend runs. 72.5km in total with back-to-back HMs over the weekend. It may be a little early but I feel like my training for CT marathon is spot on, with just under 8 weeks to go.

Well done to all those who braved the icy conditions at the appropriately named RunZone Icebreaker. How was your weekend?

I got lucky on the weekend, the field at the trail hunter run wasn't stacked so I snuck a 2nd overall for the 25(27)km event, really can't complain.

Always a good run there, if you in the jhb area these events are solid. Over 600m elevation gain, good mix of runnable and fully tech trails. Going sub 5min/km is still eluding me on that route...

I enjoyed the Run Zone Ice breaker 15 km.
Quite an undulating route with lots of short climbs.
I liked the idea of no race numbers, just a wrist band and also no medals,just a buff. 

It was a well organised race. Not too many people as I think the weather played a roll.

I will do this race again in future.

I survived my second week of the training programme. This week I am doing the Zwartkop 21 km. Looking forward to it as I haven't done a 21 km since Feb.

I enjoyed the Run Zone Ice breaker 15 km.

Quite an undulating route with lots of short climbs.

I liked the idea of no race numbers, just a wrist band and also no medals,just a buff.

It was a well organised race. Not too many people as I think the weather played a roll.

I will do this race again in future.

I survived my second week of the training programme. This week I am doing the Zwartkop 21 km. Looking forward to it as I haven't done a 21 km since Feb.

+1- and these events where you can choose between a beer and a medal are even better

+1- and these events where you can choose between a beer and a medal are even better

People choose a medal over a beer  :eek:

People choose a medal over a beer  :eek:

I must be honest, I will be one of those people.

ONLY because I recently started running and have about 5 medals to my name. I want to collect more.

Speaking of medals......What do you guys and girls do with all the medals built up over the years ?

I did a clean up the other day and just kept the ones with sentimental value but have a bag load of others. Heard something a while back  about people donating them to a hospital. 

I got lucky on the weekend, the field at the trail hunter run wasn't stacked so I snuck a 2nd overall for the 25(27)km event, really can't complain.

Always a good run there, if you in the jhb area these events are solid. Over 600m elevation gain, good mix of runnable and fully tech trails. Going sub 5min/km is still eluding me on that route...

Well done! I started out a bit too fast on the 25km and paid for it the last 5km which were supposed to be a an easy downhill finish. Still improved on my time from the March race though by a couple of minutes (route was also 1km longer than the previous event).

Definitely a well organised event (unlike the Cool Ideas series which had some sort of stuff up in all three events so far).

Definitely went with the beer instead of the medal. 

Well done! I started out a bit too fast on the 25km and paid for it the last 5km which were supposed to be a an easy downhill finish. Still improved on my time from the March race though by a couple of minutes (route was also 1km longer than the previous event).

Definitely a well organised event (unlike the Cool Ideas series which had some sort of stuff up in all three events so far).

Definitely went with the beer instead of the medal. 

Think we all started out too fast. Moses went off like a cut snake-I hope he gets some solid support so we can see him take on some of the big names in trail.

I was dumb to try follow so tapped off just before the 1st water table. I realized I was being caught hand over foot at around 20km so that last 7km was pretty rough to say the least.

Hi

If you were closer to KZN id say drop them with me...we collect to send to the Cape Town Red Cross childrens hospital.  I will find out if any of our branches in JHB do it and then you could drop with them?  

Speaking of medals......What do you guys and girls do with all the medals built up over the years ?

I did a clean up the other day and just kept the ones with sentimental value but have a bag load of others. Heard something a while back  about people donating them to a hospital. 

Hi

If you were closer to KZN id say drop them with me...we collect to send to the Cape Town Red Cross childrens hospital.  I will find out if any of our branches in JHB do it and then you could drop with them?  

Yes please , I wouldn't mind dropping them off. Thank you.

If running the hot water in the shower counts, I did some running this weekend. Not a lot, but enough to wash and rinse the body and hair.