ScottCM

My Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit's are nearing the end of their lifespan. I cannot seem to find any online. Sportsmans Warehouse has, but not my number. Does anyone know where I can find these guys. I have found them brilliant running shoes and do not want to switch back to the Pegasus at this point.

I found a pair at Woodmead Nike store last week.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit's are nearing the end of their lifespan. I cannot seem to find any online. Sportsmans Warehouse has, but not my number. Does anyone know where I can find these guys. I have found them brilliant running shoes and do not want to switch back to the Pegasus at this point.

Give Nike gateway a shout, I saw some there a couple of weeks back. If not they have some 4%s too [emoji6]

Give Nike gateway a shout, I saw some there a couple of weeks back. If not they have some 4%s too [emoji6]

I saw some 4%s at Nike store in Mall of Africa, on special for just over R3k if I remember correctly. First time I saw them in the flesh, i can understand why they don’t last very long.

So JW is coming and so is CH again.   I am however not sure she has the pace to keep up with Gerda, not currently anyways.   Neither with Ann, but although Ann will be back it seems like it will not be next year. http://teamashworth.co.za/where-to-now/

Next yr I’m focusing solely on winning the Comrades downhill course. ⛰↘️
-
It took a failed attempt at Comrades for me to know what the race means and what it takes to win.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzbs4p4HaSr/

Jenna Challenor has turned down her selection to the world 50km champs taking place in September in Romania

ASA is a joke, in fact the whole road running licencing is a joke.

No I don't need to pay to join a club to race an individual sport.

Comrades 'qualification' can also go have coitus with itself.

It has zero to do with actually being fast enough to race and all to do with making sure you run other affiliated events. Take the top guys at the trailseeker on the weekend, 2:55 marathon on trail that won't qualify them to run comrades. Run a pancake flat marathon or better yet 1000m elevation loss in 42km in under 4h50 and you qualify

JW can win the Comrades of that I have no doubt. He ran a 64 min half marathon off limited road training. He will need to focus and not get distracted by other races in the lead up. CH on the other hand has no chance she is too slow her winning time in 2017 would only have got her 5th this year. If Gerda runs Comrades instead of Olympics she can run sub 5:50 based on her up time and how comfortable it was.

So JW is coming and so is CH again. I am however not sure she has the pace to keep up with Gerda, not currently anyways. Neither with Ann, but although Ann will be back it seems like it will not be next year. http://teamashworth.co.za/where-to-now/

Next yr I’m focusing solely on winning the Comrades downhill course. ⛰↘️

-

It took a failed attempt at Comrades for me to know what the race means and what it takes to win.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzbs4p4HaSr/

Maybe its just me but every social media post from Ann comes across a little whiny and negative.

On the other end Camille and Gerda is always bubbly and even making fun of bad situations.

Brooks Ghost 11 - does anyone run in these? 

I've only put 500 odd kms on them and the forefoot foam already feels like its kaput. Maybe its just me but would be interesting if anyone else has noticed anything.

JW can win the Comrades of that I have no doubt. He ran a 64 min half marathon off limited road training. He will need to focus and not get distracted by other races in the lead up. CH on the other hand has no chance she is too slow her winning time in 2017 would only have got her 5th this year. If Gerda runs Comrades instead of Olympics she can run sub 5:50 based on her up time and how comfortable it was.

I'm sorry but I disagree with this. Ryan Sandes winning WS time in '17 would have put him what 12th (behind himself  :ph34r: ) this year. You run against the people and the course on the day. 

I always think of that run by Des Linden at Boston last year, in the worst possible conditions - 20 minutes slower, but history counts for nought when the race starts and the world throws spanners at you.

I've only put 500 odd kms on them and the forefoot foam already feels like its kaput. Maybe its just me but would be interesting if anyone else has noticed anything.

All my shoes started feeling a little flat after 500km.

I have started too late with my Ghost 11's for this year Comrades it seems, because I kept on getting a burning sensation under the front part of my foot. Nothing else, but only the front part right behind my toes.  It was close to a blister on a 25km run.  So with less than 100km on them I decided to rather go with my Ghost 10's to Comrades again.   Something that my 10 and 9's did not take as long to run in, so it was strange to me.   

It seems better now with 110km on them, but I don't know if it is just me, but they feel softer than my 9's and 10's.  It feels as if you feel the smallest of stones underneath your feet.  If the 11's was not as good as the previous I will surely find it out in the months to come and hopefully the 12's is better then again. 

This is compared to my 10's that is on 634km now and two sets of 9's with 1,568km and 1,114km, of which both is nowhere near done yet! 

Edited by Jackes

Honestly, I've yet to have a pair of shoes that still feel fresh after that kind of distance. Even if the sole is not run down, the midsole and cushioning starts to feel compressed.