ScottCM

Anyone running in 3/4 tights?

On these winter mornings the extra length does wonders for warmth. I’m currently running in Adidas Alphaskin 3/4 but they don’t offer much in the way of “support”.

Think Salomon also have a 3/4 option but can’t find anything else online.

Anything else out there specifically catering for men?

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We run at 7am and still in shorts.  

My husband runs early early and he uses a pair of First Ascent long tights and shorts over.

I find that as long as my arms and ankles are warm, im okay for now.

On these winter mornings the extra length does wonders for warmth. I’m currently running in Adidas Alphaskin 3/4 but they don’t offer much in the way of “support”.

For Jozi winters I prefer shorts, when running. Upper body, I’ll go with a combination of short sleeve t-shirt with arm warmers or a “riding” vest with a long sleeve top. Some days I might skip the arm warmers and just run in the double layer (vest and t-shirt).

Cotton gloves on really cold days.

Cap and a buff to complete the look.

I love 3/4 tights in the winter. You dont find them often, but I got a few Nike ones from their factory store a while back.

Otherwise, the lady ones work just fine..

Just run in shorts.. Your legs don't get cold. I trained through the whole of winter here in shorts no problem.. And it gets a bit colder than a jozi morning

Just run in shorts.. Your legs don't get cold. I trained through the whole of winter here in shorts no problem.. And it gets a bit colder than a jozi morning

Yeah shorts are fine but some mornings when it’s frosty at 5:30 it’s nice to be a bit warmer. A bit like wearing knee warmers on the bike - make such a big difference to general warmth and aren’t restrictive.

I love 3/4 tights in the winter. You dont find them often, but I got a few Nike ones from their factory store a while back.

Otherwise, the lady ones work just fine..

Thanks will have a look. Otherwise will browse the ladies section of Sportsman’s and see what they have.

Anyone doing the Virtual Comrades? Honestly I didn’t feel like going through the admin of entering. Would be interesting to see how many runners do the 90km in their suburbs.

Anyone doing the Virtual Comrades? Honestly I didn’t feel like going through the admin of entering. Would be interesting to see how many runners do the 90km in their suburbs.

About 1,000 people registered to run 90kms so far. 

About 1,000 people registered to run 90kms so far.

Kudos to them if they can run 90km without the Comrades atmosphere.

We doing it but not registering...just going to do it for fun, and will be the only time we can do a half comrades :whistling:

We doing it but not registering...just going to do it for fun, and will be the only time we can do a half comrades :whistling:

Good luck! That is still a long slog..

Haha. I was saying to my wife am I going to have to buy long running pants. I wasn't very keen on the idea.

Haha. I was saying to my wife am I going to have to buy long running pants. I wasn't very keen on the idea.

I still prefer shorts. But when it gets -6 in the Free State you dont mind wearing tights.

In case you have missed it - if you entered for C20 you would have received a free entry voucher, FWIW.  (But wait there's more, you actually get to run with your Comrades number! :)