ScottCM

Did the 21.1km. Cut 14 minutes of my PB. Clearly garden running did me good.

Have you looked at the results? Finding it a bit hard to believe the 90km results. If they are correct, then hats off to the leading lady

Ridiculous results being posted. A number of world records

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran the 10km with the missus for some distraction... was actually cool out there.

Big disappointment is seeing all the pics on Facebook of big groups/clubs together taking pics huddled together with their masks around their necks...

One day the penny might drop

My wife and i also did the 10km. It was freezing cold at 6am in the morning. 

Huge kudos to those brave souls that did the 90km. I had a few friends running the full distance and they said it was mentally destroying with no roadside encouragement or water points. The only replenishment they got was what they carried in their camelbacks and petrol stations.   

My wife and i also did the 10km. It was freezing cold at 6am in the morning. 

Huge kudos to those brave souls that did the 90km. I had a few friends running the full distance and they said it was mentally destroying with no roadside encouragement or water points. The only replenishment they got was what they carried in their camelbacks and petrol stations.   

Some prefer it that way though. Like at X-berg, your run 40+ km at a time alone in the mountains with nothing but the odd stream for water and what you have on your back. I will take that any day over a crowded road between pmb and dbn.

Sub 2hr on thr 45km

I see it has been removed. Still loads of very questionable times. I wonder if the system flags times below certain thresholds for manual review? I also wonder if it also flags suspicious splits/km speeds on the results that are based on Strava etc as there are some crazy km speeds going on in some.

Edited by b-rad

Soweto Marathon cancelled

Given the Volume and route i think its the right call. Kudos to them for committing timeously though and not leaving everyone in limbo wrt training required. 

People cheat in physical races... there were always going to be a few more doing so in a virtual race that's near on impossible to police.

The age old question remains... Why? What do you honestly get out of such a brainfart, except for praise for something you didn't do, and therefore surely you can't value the praise anyway...  :ph34r:  :stupid: 

People cheat in physical races... there were always going to be a few more doing so in a virtual race that's near on impossible to police.

The age old question remains... Why? What do you honestly get out of such a brainfart, except for praise for something you didn't do, and therefore surely you can't value the praise anyway...  :ph34r:  :stupid: 

It's the same as people pretending they have more money than they do.

I don't get it. 

It's a weird state of mind

I see it has been removed. Still loads of very questionable times. I wonder if the system flags times below certain thresholds for manual review? I also wonder if it also flags suspicious splits/km speeds on the results that are based on Strava etc as there are some crazy km speeds going on in some.

Don't expect Comrades association to do anything about it.

This questionable result from 2018 is still there and valid despite me raising it with them. I provided proof that there were no photographs of him between Winston park and the finish as well as highlighting these splits to them and nothing was done

post-7169-0-01686800-1592224941_thumb.jpg

Don't expect Comrades association to do anything about it.

This questionable result from 2018 is still there and valid despite me raising it with them. I provided proof that there were no photographs of him between Winston park and the finish as well as highlighting these splits to them and nothing was done

attachicon.gifsachin.JPG

That is disappointing to say the least... you can't build and hype up the pedigree of the medal achievements, while allowing actions like this, that cheapen it so much, to go unpunished.

Poor form