Cyclists attacked with sjambok

Rocket-Boy

So they'll probaly implement it and then sit in the cradle and "spot fine" or confiscate unlicensed bicycles!

And the licence would identify the bike how? With a serial number?

What would prevent me from buying just one license and use it on all 4 my bikes?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would these "licenses" only apply to recreational road cyclists? who wear lycra and helmets and cleats and use Strava? or will they also apply to commuters, the guys who ride their bikes in everyday in peak traffic and rely on their bicycle as their primary form of transport? I think you know what I'm getting at here.

Will a cycling licence make it any safer? No.

Will it be policed? No

Is a R500 fine for an "unlicenced vehicle" affordable to someone who can only afford a bicycle as their primary form of transport? No.

Most importantly (in the eyes of the people making the decisions), can any money be made out of it? No.

So they'll probaly implement it and then sit in the cradle and "spot fine" or confiscate unlicensed bicycles!

for their personal use or for their family members birthday. 

Cyclists should stay off the roads. They are a pest.

100% agree, and they should all go to the Mountains instead...

TSCH Roadies, sad bunch!

TSCH Roadies, sad bunch!

Exactly. Maybe then they will stop attacking van drivers also.

Licenses wont work... not sure why we think it will or why it is even a discussion point.

Problem here is hatred for cyclists, question should be, how do we fix that??

There is hatred for everyone else on the road.

Cyclists are the common enemy, but if there's no cyclist on the road to hate, then we can unite to hate all taxis, or all German cars, or all buses or trucks.

Too much anger.

Why are we arguing about licenses? We have a legal right to be on the roads.

The issue here is simple: how many sjamboks are you getting when these bastards appear in court?

I believe they deserve a proper lashing from cyclists (with or without a license! :ph34r: )

So should cars, runners, motorcyclists and pedestrians. The only road users that I really like are the squirrels, just because they are super cute and have bushy tails.

So should cars, runners, motorcyclists and pedestrians. The only road users that I really like are the squirrels, just because they are super cute and have bushy tails.

Yes but they don't wear lycra. 

just remember us roadies WHERE ON TWO WHEELS ON THE ROADS BEFORE ALL YOU ALL INCLUDING AFFORDABLE EVERYMAN CARS :thumbup:  :thumbup: mountainbikes and bloody squirrels too :whistling:

VIVE LE FORCATS DE LA ROUTE bitches <_<

post-68847-0-09941200-1441724013_thumb.jpg

Edited by velomonatiCT

just remember us roadies WHERE ON TWO WHEELS ON THE ROADS BEFORE ALL YOU ALL INCLUDING AFFORDABLE EVERYMAN CARS :thumbup:  :thumbup: mountainbikes and bloody squirrels too :whistling:

VIVE LE FORCATS DE LA ROUTE bitches <_<

In your picture that man is obviously riding on gravel road, so I'd say he was a pioneer of mountain biking. Argument invalid.

Get off the roads Lycra boy.

TSCH Roadies, sad bunch!

Went to SBR this weekend to get away from cars, only to have to deal with MTB riders riding 4 abreast and blocking the TAR roads :P

O yes in this country it is all about what i am entitled to.

As a cyclist myself, do you really think that a motorist should sit behind you on a narrow road, while you are going up a hill at 5 km/hour?

Don't you think you also have an obligation to use your head and contribute to your own safety, like let me wait at the double lane circle until it is safe to pass, instead of changing lanes in the middle of the circle in rush hour traffic because it is my right, or as a biker in rush hour traffic let me sit in your blind spot on the ben schoeman and pass you at 70 km/hour while the traffic is at near stand still, because yes you are right you have as much right as me to use the road but you also have as much right as i do, to use your brain.

Your rights wont help you much when you meet you maker, and i agree there will always be morons and drunk drivers, but this entitlement attitude of cyclist will only fuel the fire.