[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

Is it just me or is the amount of entries for sale just before the event extremely high this year? Maybe something to do with the entry lottery and people joining the lottery unsure if they really want to ride but not wanting to miss out, or even more likely, the economy?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the amount of entries for sale just before the event extremely high this year? Maybe something to do with the entry lottery and people joining the lottery unsure if they really want to ride but not wanting to miss out, or even more likely, the economy?

Unfortunately i have a customer who was suppose to pay me on the 24 December 2015 over R 20 000...he still hasnt paid...so i am biting my tongue for now...you will read about it on social media soon...why not to sub contract to builders and pictures of him warning other people who are not aware of him being a thief and stealing peoples hard earned money....i have since found out that he owes lots of people money around Durban and even in Cape town.

I think it's more than likely the economy. I'm trying to sell an entry for a buddy and his is purely a financial descision. For him it was either a weekend doing the Argus alone or a weeks holiday a few weeks later with his wife and kids in knysna. For him it was a no brainer as he is not a "serious" rider.

I'm oddly "detached" from the Argus this year. Normaly by this time I would have organised and done a few Argus route training rides, be out on my bike every day, hammering away.

This year I have not even done a 100km training ride yet, spending more time on my Mtb.

Wonder where my enthusiasm for this race has gone?

I'm oddly "detached" from the Argus this year. Normaly by this time I would have organised and done a few Argus route training rides, be out on my bike every day, hammering away.

This year I have not even done a 100km training ride yet, spending more time on my Mtb.

I am also detached from the Argus, much more keen for the Tour of Good Hope the week before. The Argus is three efforts, Smits, Top of Chappies and Suikerbossie, then sit in the bunch and chill. Not much attacking or much else..

Also haven't done any long rides, usually depend on the 'Wannabee route ride' to get one in. :)

Right, so she has a 6B seeding starting @ 8:44.

That gives us time for a good breakfast and a coffee or two before the start. That's a bit more leisurely than I am used to.

I hope the weather plays nice, so that we have a really fun day out.

I think you'll be shocked at the "but more leisurely" side of things in 6B. I rode from W or X a few years ago, it was fabulous.

It's actually pretty nice, no w@nkers getting all uppity in the chutes trying to get to the front when still in holding pens, no agro when the gun goes, just riders heading off at a leisurely pace out to enjoy themselves for 6 or 7 hours. Oh, and no bunches to get dropped from. And you get to stop and drink as much coke as you want.

EDIT: Stopping at all the water points makes it just like a MTB race.

Edited by carbon29er

The CTCT is about the vibe. I am never excited about it before the time, but I know once I am there the vibe will get you. Then there is the free beer and burger at the end too.

There are plenty more challenging rides and even more scenic ones. If you are looking for a challenge then Trans Karoo is as good as it gets. It's open to solo or team riders, take a day and you will finish strong enough to still have a braai and klap a few dops.

The CTCT is about the vibe. I am never excited about it before the time, but I know once I am there the vibe will get you. Then there is the free beer and burger at the end too.

There are plenty more challenging rides and even more scenic ones. If you are looking for a challenge then Trans Karoo is as good as it gets. It's open to solo or team riders, take a day and you will finish strong enough to still have a braai and klap a few dops.

Those burgers must be really good because it's not the first time you've mentioned them.[emoji106] [emoji1]

I think it's more than likely the economy. I'm trying to sell an entry for a buddy and his is purely a financial descision. For him it was either a weekend doing the Argus alone or a weeks holiday a few weeks later with his wife and kids in knysna. For him it was a no brainer as he is not a "serious" rider.

My brother in law from Canada opted out because he echoes the economic sentiment, officially. Unofficially he blames "Cirque de SONA" for his decision. Posted me his chip with the instruction to give it to an impoverished cyclist who cannot even afford a sub. Take the racepack, "plak" the number on your back and have a blast. (Just return the chip to me after the race please). Like he says, so what if it is illegal, you explain that to the person who will start around 8 with a once in a lifetime gift. Then he ranted on and on about SONA.......

Double lap emails are out.

Yup : You have qualified to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour twice based on your seeding index being approximately 29 or better.