[Event] 2016 Cape Town Cycle Tour

News bot

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no. My results for both laps don't show on Racetec???????

Same here, saw the 2nd lap at 6am and now nothing.

Had a tough day in the saddle, but it was to be expected given an injury I'm carrying and only been on the bike three times this year.

But I wouldn't miss this world-class event for the world.

My only small gripe would be the loading procedure. There must be a smarter way to prevent a few thousand cyclists criss crossing each other to get into their shutes.   

Yeah, agreed. It gets super congested before the entrance to the shutes. With the late® starters hanging around and blocking the entrance.

Raced with A1 with Pure Savage, I actually wasnt going to race as I have another MTB ride around WC starting next Sunday. I was worried about crashing.

The pace was very chilled, a few B and C guys beat our time.

Sprinted for the group win to take A and sub vets. Racetec have me listed as finishing mid pack though...

Cool video!

In slow motion it looks like the other guy got the win by an inch or so.

Turns out there were 34 people that beat 1A, including several racing ladies (all this talk about the ladies not being able to go fast is moot).

Cool video!

Turns out there were 34 people that beat 1A, including several racing ladies (all this talk about the ladies not being able to go fast is moot).

The ladies got caught by 1B a few kms into the race and sat in the group till the end.

Just wanted to give a big shout out to all the other open-heart surgery veterans who did the Argus yesterday.

We really have to get organised guys - maybe next year we should ride in cool 'zipper club' shirts (the zipper is the name for the chest scar) and raise some cash for the Heart Foundation or something.

Just completed my seventh since the big 'op' and will be 63 at the end of the month.

The first four Tours were tricky to say the least but now comfortably cracking 5hours and aiming for a sub-4 next year.

So come on guys - let's show that life goes on despite the curve balls it sometimes throws in our path.

How shall we do this - a new thread perhaps ??

Cool video!

They rode on their own for 4km then wheel sucked till end from what our riders saw. The motorbikes could not even spot them half the time.

Had a fairly good ride in racing tandems. There was no break that formed so the first half was very slow. About half the group dropped off up smits and then up Chappies what was left of the front group split up with the serious competitors going ahead in a smallish group. We couldn't stay with them up Chappies so ended up chasing with 1 other tandem. The leaders of 1B caught us just before top of Chappies but we dropped them on the decent. They passed us again up suikerbossie and we didn't see them again. We crested suikerbossie with some 1B guys and then pretty much towed them to the finish. Ended up on 2h57m 4mins off the winning tandem. So they put 4 minutes in us from bottom of Chappies. All in all I'm happy. 26 tours for me and 28 for my toppie/stoker.

The ladies got caught by 1B a few kms into the race and sat in the group till the end.

I know, because I was there.

I sat in the group to the end too, unlike almost all the guys from 1C who caught us and then got shelled up Chappies and Suikerbossie. And by sat, I mean bled from my eyeballs, sitting on the pointy end of my saddle, donating internal organs faster than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking competition. Big up to the ladies!

Cool video!

including Jan Braai as well it seems http://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/jan.jpeg

Anyone know what happened to the guy medics were resuscitating on Suikerbossie? It didn't look good and a mate a 5 minutes back said they were still trying when he passed by.