The I-Team

tombeej

I said we're going to have the batch named after us next year... ;)

Somewhere in the back of my mind is an idea lurking to make this a more permanent project. 

In other words, have an I-Team for every race. Doesn't matter what batch is selected, it just stays The I-Team (Because there has to be an 'I' in 'Team' :)).

We'll see if this idea has legs beyond the 94.7. If not, no worries, it was fun while it lasted. But if it does, we could start looking at I-Team shirts and whatnot. But we'll see how this all plays out....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This reads as good for the 2nd lap with any I-Team double lappers after a flying first one in a lower seeded licensed group...  Patch may want to confirm...

Somewhere in the back of my mind is an idea lurking to make this a more permanent project. 

We're setting up "race groups" in the club, so the guys can race together and get used to riding as a team. Will probably race B, C, D or E groups (depending on numbers). Imagine having another "team" to make it a little more competitive, but with the objective of finishing in a target time?

We'll see if this idea has legs beyond the 94.7. If not, no worries, it was fun while it lasted. But if it does, we could start looking at I-Team shirts and whatnot. But we'll see how this all plays out....

If it does get legs for 2016, I can make provision for it at the Carnival City Macsteel race - I bunch gets interviewed at the start too (some exposure)

This thread has been opened for the people who'll be hopping on the I-Train at the 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

A place to discuss all the tactics & techniques needed for bunch riding so that we can help each other reach our target times, our plans for how we're going to get together on the day, race together and have some fun along the way.

The main 'I' batch is getting pretty big now, but the riders who've said they're joining the actual I-Team are as follows:

1. BarefootDave

2. Basil Brush

3. bmw1za

4. bored_girl

5. BouncingBrain

6. Cadre

7. & 8. Carpet +1

9. CASSIE1975

10 & 11. Cav +1

12. clivem

13. Craig 26

14. & 15. Fat Boab +1

16. Firozfx

17. HappyMartin

18. Lurch

19. monkey on a bianchi

20. Patchelicious

21. Prince

22. Sandro

23. & 24. shaper +1

25. ScottC-M

26. StevieL

27. tombeej

28. Zaskar

29. Morne

This thread has been opened for the people who'll be hopping on the I-Train at the 94.7 Cycle Challenge.

A place to discuss all the tactics & techniques needed for bunch riding so that we can help each other reach our target times, our plans for how we're going to get together on the day, race together and have some fun along the way.

The main 'I' batch is getting pretty big now, but the riders who've said they're joining the actual I-Team are as follows:

1. BarefootDave

2. Basil Brush

3. bmw1za

4. bored_girl

5. BouncingBrain

6. Cadre

7. & 8. Carpet +1

9. CASSIE1975

10 & 11. Cav +1

12. clivem

13. Craig 26

14. & 15. Fat Boab +1

16. Firozfx

17. HappyMartin

18. Lurch

19. monkey on a bianchi

20. Patchelicious

21. Prince

22. Sandro

23. & 24. shaper +1

25. ScottC-M

26. StevieL

27. tombeej

28. Zaskar

29. Morne

In the alphabetical list above M is after L and before P... focus!  ;) 

Like this...  :whistling:  :ph34r:

The main 'I' batch is getting pretty big now, but the riders who've said they're joining the actual I-Team are as follows:

1. BarefootDave

2. Basil Brush

3. bmw1za

4. bored_girl

5. BouncingBrain

6. Cadre

7. & 8. Carpet +1

9. CASSIE1975

10 & 11. Cav +1

12. clivem

13. Craig 26

14. & 15. Fat Boab +1

16. Firozfx

17. HappyMartin

18. Lurch

19. monkey on a bianchi

20. Morne 1600

21. Patchelicious

22. Prince

23. Sandro

24. & 25. shaper +1

26. ScottC-M

27. StevieL

28. tombeej

29. Zaskar

Edited by geraldm24

1. BarefootDave

2. Basil Brush

3. bmw1za

4. bored_girl

5. BouncingBrain

6. Cadre

7. & 8. Carpet +1

9. CASSIE1975

10 & 11. Cav +1

12. clivem

13. Craig 26

14. & 15. Fat Boab +1

16. Firozfx

17. HappyMartin

18. Lurch

19. monkey on a bianchi

20. Patchelicious

21. Prince

22. Sandro

23. & 24. shaper +1

25. ScottC-M

26. StevieL

27. tombeej

28. Zaskar

29. Morne

Add you to the list

We're setting up "race groups" in the club, so the guys can race together and get used to riding as a team. Will probably race B, C, D or E groups (depending on numbers). Imagine having another "team" to make it a little more competitive, but with the objective of finishing in a target time?

If it does get legs for 2016, I can make provision for it at the Carnival City Macsteel race - I bunch gets interviewed at the start too (some exposure)

You're a legend, thanks  :thumbup:

In other words, have an I-Team for every race. Doesn't matter what batch is selected, it just stays The I-Team (Because there has to be an 'I' in 'Team' :)).

Making it a regular thing has the potential to be quite lekker.

I wouldn't advise setting off in group I at Carnival City though... that will probably be one of the last seeded groups before the late entries fill up J, K & L.

You'd have to advise what the objectives would be and take it from there. Luckily there's still time - online entries only open in a few weeks.

I wouldn't advise setting off in group I at Carnival City though... that will probably be one of the last seeded groups before the late entries fill up J, K & L.

You'd have to advise what the objectives would be and take it from there. Luckily there's still time - online entries only open in a few weeks.

Think the objective of Group i has been set no matter what the race... a sub 3 .... whilst some of us may achieve this on the 94.7 and be wiser and savvy for it... in years to come we can be there to help others achieve this goal :)

Think the objective of Group i has been set no matter what the race... a sub 3 .... whilst some of us may achieve this on the 94.7 and be wiser and savvy for it... in years to come we can be there to help others achieve this goal :)

I can then suggest a D-batch start, as only 15 finished with a sub-3, including the Sheriff and Carpet (this year's event) - although the wind wasn't playing fair, so it could've been a few more. That way, you'll have relative safety with only a few open groups ahead.

Where there's a will, there's a way. If there's interest too - I can make a plan.

Patch, are you thinking of joining - had enough of crushing it with the big boys?

Our start time is 07h05 so we'll be done around 10h05 to 10h15 I guess. 

The last batch (WW) goes off at 10h28, so lots of time to get in for a second lap.

VA starts at 5:40, so if we finish fast enough, then I can catch you guys on my second lap. :thumbup:

Edited by JA-Q001

VA starts at 5:30, so if we finish fast enough, then I can catch you guys on my second lap. :thumbup:

Is that you, Tony Martin?

We would have about an hour headstart on you - you're going to need some of this stuff to catch us :D

post-22004-0-32864700-1446811629_thumb.jpg