The I-Team

tombeej

Ag, an hour on the whole loop isn't too much :whistling:, your right, Ill take the 2nd loop slower and search for the KWV table.

(Actually I, only noticed my math mistake after I posted, it is Friday and all  :oops: , wish I could anyway)

Edited by JA-Q001

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VA starts at 5:40, so if we finish fast enough, then I can catch you guys on my second lap. :thumbup:

Wragtig.......kragtig 

Just remember, no matter what the weather, no rain jackets or other flappy loose clothing. In fact, the windier the weather, the tighter your clothing must be. 

May as well tie a boat anchor to your bike with a length of rope if you arrive on the start line in loose, flappy kit.

Even if it starts snowing...

I'm going skinsuit if the weather gets wet 'n' wild...... :ph34r:

post-77414-0-81068300-1446817482_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fat Boab

Very tempted to join, however I'm extremely unfit at the moment and the collar bone has not healed 100% yet. I'm OK to ride, but any fall will be catastrophic, so best to stay out of the bunches.

So I'm better off sticking to my plan of starting with the old guys, and cruise around by my lonesome self, hoping to get back to the start before the unpredictable masses catch up with me!

Very tempted to join, however I'm extremely unfit at the moment and the collar bone has not healed 100% yet. I'm OK to ride, but any fall will be catastrophic, so best to stay out of the bunches.

So I'm better off sticking to my plan of starting with the old guys, and cruise around by my lonesome self, hoping to get back to the start before the unpredictable masses catch up with me!

Don't be a woos man just go do it!

Don't be a woos man just go do it!

If you'll give me a guaranteed promissory note for two weeks worth of pay, and R70K for medical expenses in the case of a mishap I'm fine to give it a go :)

When are you coming for that cup of coffee downtown ?

So I'm better off sticking to my plan of starting with the old guys, and cruise around by my lonesome self, hoping to get back to the start before the unpredictable masses catch up with me!

I'm seeing the orthopedic surgeon this coming Monday for the follow up on the plate holding my collarbone together - I am planning to 'forget' to mention being in the racing bunch ;) :P

I'm soo tempted to get on a bike, but it's only been 4 days since my collarbone op.

Hopefully I can improve my seeding next year and join the I-team.

I'm seeing the orthopedic surgeon this coming Monday for the follow up on the plate holding my collarbone together - I am planning to 'forget' to mention being in the racing bunch ;) :P

I got the OK to ride, however with the warning of "a fall might result in a displacement"! Subtle enough to be ominous?

I'm soo tempted to get on a bike, but it's only been 4 days since my collarbone op.

Hopefully I can improve my seeding next year and join the I-team.

Will be too soon after the op. Two weeks after the op I was allowed onto a stationary bike, but the ribs hurt like a demon when breathing, so I took the lazy way out! Tomorrow will be my first time back on the bike since the accident. I hope it will go ok-ish...

Not in Jhb next weekend.

Hopefully the I-team will continue on next year!!!

It has to. My first 947 this year and I have the accompanying crappy seeding. Need to join in next year.

My main aim for this year is to do the first lap just under 3h and then to cruise for the second lap. I have been tempted to join the group but the margins are tight for the second lap.

It now appears that there will be several strong guys pulling and lots of interest in a second lap so am thinking that it can become something like the 2 Oceans "busses" where there are people setting the perfect pace and you are free to hang on as long as you can.

I am keen to be part of a bunch of riders that will work together and create the perfect slip for those that choose to hang on. I am concerned about the "waiting" bit if that implies actually stopping. There won't be much room for that in a 3h ride.

It will also be cool to have mates for the second lap.

If that sounds like what you are planning Tombeej I would like to drop back and join.