The I-Team

tombeej

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the I-bunch will have lots of spirit/gees.

Sort of like the Comrades bus, with the objective to get a sub-3.

Don't underestimate the benefits of riding in a bunch.

Vasbyt on the hills and you'll benefit from the bunch pulling you - lose them... lose time.

Okie dokes .... managed to get my substitution reseeded to I batch

Pretty please can I join in?

Busy studying all the new cycling terms now   :eek:

Okie dokes .... managed to get my substitution reseeded to I batch

Pretty please can I join in?

Busy studying all the new cycling terms now   :eek:

You're in  :thumbup:

Guys, this group has become way bigger than I could ever have imagined.

I'm scratching my head a bit re. how I'm going to try keep everyone together and not lose anyone off the back in the first 70 km.

Can I ask for 1 or 2 decent riders join me at the back to help keep things together and pull people back onto the bunch after each hill?

Can I ask for 1 or 2 decent riders join me at the back to help keep things together and pull people back onto the bunch after each hill?

Maybe some other out of towners, we can't trust you on the front because you don;t know our roads... ;) :P

On a serious note, I'm happy to try giving it a go at the back with you - hopefully the legs can handle the workload after my close inspection of the road surface on Monday, but I'm here to work for the team.

I'm scratching my head a bit re. how I'm going to try keep everyone together and not lose anyone off the back in the first 70 km.

You may need one or two strong chaps going up and down the group so that people who are not honest enough about a sub 3 pace who are also not recovering from the effort don't create dead wheels along the pacelines when you are working along the flats!

Maybe ask Sheriff to be ride Captain for the front of the group and he controls the guys prepared to work on the front with rolling turns et al, you have the whistle for the back and are Captain for the back with some chaps who relay between you two. The whistle will be the perfect tool for Sheriff to know when to start putting down pace again! That way he controls pace and you control brakes.

(You can work out a whistle sequence. e.g. 1 blow to go slow. 2 to maintain speed and 3 to pick up pace if it looks like everyone is on the bus! Long continuous blow for emergency! )

This sounds like a proper fun effort at a big race! Should make for serious smiles! Bleek I'm not there for it!

Edited by Tubehunter

Can I ask for 1 or 2 decent riders join me at the back to help keep things together and pull PUSH people back onto the bunch after ON each hill?

Fixed it for you  :whistling:

Ok Guys, putting our Handle/ Names just got easier for those of us using our names on the BikeHub

But there is plenty of space to write your Handel too

post-46817-0-39917200-1447330565_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-70105300-1447330589_thumb.jpg

Ok Guys, putting our Handle/ Names just got easier for those of us using our names on the BikeHub

But there is plenty of space to write your Handel too

More importantly.. whats in the goodie bag!!

Edit, beat me to it :)

Edited by shaper

I'm starting to wonder if choosing the mtb for the 947 is a *** idea :blush:  I should fly uphill but spin my ass off on the descents. 

@Tombeej, realistically it will be very hard to keep all riders together even up to the M1.

We formed a hub group back in 2013 similar to this and only a third could match the pace. 

With the name tags and you at the back, I'm predicting us hearing you shout loudly: "I-team..we've lost X Y or Z" quite frequently.