Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Is tapiriik working for everyone in GC and the Discovery app? I tested it earlier and it doesn't seem to register the workouts even after it sync'd with GC.

Wonder if the Discovery App can distinguish whether its a tapiriik upload or not

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.discovery.co.za/discovery_coza/web/linked_content/pdfs/vitality/team_vitality/vitality_race_events_calendar.pdf

So that's the new Race link, a couple of Trail runs that clearly pay discovery to get People there

Over the next 5 weeks I am running, Denel 21km (last Saturday), Allan Robb 32km, Slowmag 42km, Cradle 32km and Colgate 32km

All races that have been around and on the Calendar for Years

How many are on the Discovery List ? 0

So my initial plan of just running a race a week after my Points goal gets back to 1200 is gone..

So instead of running a Marathon on a weekend they believe a 5km Park run is better and worth more points...

And before you tell me to wear a HR monitor, I already do and to hit 70% on a Long slow comrades training run is almost impossible for me , so again 0 Points

Am I missing something?

the main issue with the vitality system is their intended target audience, which unfortunately does not include people who already have a lifestyle of healthy living.

91e036ff5cf321826c6a21c055da8666.jpg

afa61af365c2292f62ff965a4c67466d.jpg

So 1 hour on the Wattbike with an ave HR of 137 (76% of max) netted me 100 points. Exactly the same as the lazy bastard who swiped through the gym door and sat on the couch drinking a smoothie this morning. #fail

Edited by WrightJnr

Is tapiriik working for everyone in GC and the Discovery app? I tested it earlier and it doesn't seem to register the workouts even after it sync'd with GC.

Wonder if the Discovery App can distinguish whether its a tapiriik upload or not

It works but not great .

It update Garmin , which sometimes takes quite a long time.

However I have seen that it then uploads my points to discovery.

However I need to delink and link to GC every time for the points to reflect on Discovery, which is a bit of schlep but I guess I can do that once a week.

91e036ff5cf321826c6a21c055da8666.jpg

afa61af365c2292f62ff965a4c67466d.jpg

So 1 hour on the Wattbike with an ave HR of 137 (76% of max) netted me 100 points. Exactly the same as the lazy bastard who swiped through the gym door and say on the couch drinking a smoothie this morning. #fail

What!!  You actually have to go in after you swiped?

But my strava goes to garmin and then discovery? Silly discovery

It works but not great .

It update Garmin , which sometimes takes quite a long time.

However I have seen that it then uploads my points to discovery.

However I need to delink and link to GC every time for the points to reflect on Discovery, which is a bit of schlep but I guess I can do that once a week.

It would appear that from April 2 Vitality do not pick up GC files that have been loaded via Tapiriik if not from a Garmin device, and even then I cannot be certain it will pick up a Garmin device workout if not loaded natively.

So now I have 2 GC profiles. Old one to keep GC and Strava in sync where I load to the site of my choice and sync happens as in the past. New GC profile for my active rewards workouts that are recorded purely to get points and form part of a normal workout.

My tapiriik seems to be taking forever to sync. its stuck on my last activity from 26March.

Okay so finally got it right. Also needed to delink and relink garmin from Discovery for the points to pull through.

So 1 hour on the Wattbike with an ave HR of 137 (76% of max) netted me 100 points. Exactly the same as the lazy bastard who swiped through the gym door and say on the couch drinking a smoothie this morning. #fail

This is about the best analogy I've seen in a while  :clap:

So, my garmin was linked / authorised with discovery but not updating or even giving the option to sync.

Went through process of de-linking garmin, as suggested, both on disco site and garmin site.

Then tried to re-link garmin to disco app and repeatedly getting an error "could not complete link".

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...........................this is infuriating

#FAILvitality

#FAILdiscovery

I also seem to have received a smoothie for achieving 200 points (goal = 300), which i earned by walking 10,000 STEPS TWICE over the weekend?????  Completely and utterly mystified how i earned the walking points.  

Hi

Can the experts on the Vitality points allocation tell me why points have not been allocated for the screenshots. Points were allocated for gym visits in both cases. Is it perhaps that in the one the avg heart rate is to low & in the other too high ?

Member is 55 yrs old for heart rate calc.

Screen shots from S Health

post-15020-0-60905700-1460014615_thumb.png

post-15020-0-84681300-1460014636_thumb.png

Edited by A Jay

Hi

Can the experts on the Vitality points allocation tell me why points have not been allocated for the screenshots. Points were allocated for gym visits in both cases. Is it perhaps that in the one the avg heart rate is to low & in the other too high ?

What device did you use for the workout? If just S Health, then I'm afraid that's the reason. S Health was amongst the things dropped for issues of data integrity. So you'll only ever get 100 points for a workout using S health

Hi

I queried a speed only workout a few weeks back (for Strava app) for my wife as the Apple Watch had not picked up the HR data (turned out to be a strap that was not tight.

Discovery asked for a screenshot showing the date, average speed and duration of the activity.

Based on your screenshots, you have everything that is above 70% of 220-age but I don't see a date.

Have you tried contacting them and sending the screenshots?

Thanks Myles.

Did this "dropping" of S Health happen this week because Saturdays points were allocated for a moderate workout (300)

Edited by A Jay