Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Agree to disagree

http://i.imgur.com/rLji8hw.png

All recorded with Strava+Tickr, downloaded as TCX, uploaded to GC, synced with Vitality. I mean c'mon seriously Myles. I wouldn't be saying that's what I've been doing if that's not what I've actually been doing. Heck, there's my profile so you can see it was recorded with Strava and not an external device.

Huh. Sweet. Will carry on suggesting that then.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got this reply from Discovery:

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. 
With the successful take up of the Vitality Active Rewards it did come to our attention that certain members were 'gaming' the system. The improvements to the Vitality fitness 
points structure now better reflect the clinical benefits different types of exercise have on health and we now favour verifiable data. 
Should you decide not to purchase a fitness device with a heart rate monitor your goals may increase but will decrease over time to ensure that you can make them with the workouts you complete.
We found that members recording speed data may have been doing so through not actually completing the workout and therefore we took the decision to reduce the points for this category instead of removing it completely.
You can make use of the HealthyCare or HealthyGear benefit and receive up to 25% cash back on a fitness device purchased using these benefits.
In saying the above we are always looking at new ways on how we can improve the benefit and if any further refinements are made we will let you know through the website or the Newsletter. 
Thanks,
Discovery Vitality (DV)

So my question is how without using their credit card can I make use of HealthyCare or HealthyGear?

Apply for healthy gear online under vitality. They send you a card in the post. That's it. Exactly like the healthy food card

And HealthyCare?

Hey guys, Ive got vitality and multiply. Vitality only gets points from rides when I use my garmin but I dont ride everyday. My multiply pedometer does not work with vitality.

Which device can I use as a pedometer that'll work on vitality? I dont mind carrying the multiply pedometer around as its small and I can slip it under my cycling shorts to get steps while I pedal too. My only issue is vitality

Help asb, DANKIE

And HealthyCare?

same process. But the HealthyCare discounts aren't a strict cash back. they come to you in the form of Dischem or Clicks vouchers, and for the Clicks one you need a clubcard. 

HealthyGear is a straight 10/15/25% back in cash at the end of the month following the one in which you bought the stuff. 25% if you've done your fitness assessment and online stuff. 10% otherwise. 

Hey guys, Ive got vitality and multiply. Vitality only gets points from rides when I use my garmin but I dont ride everyday. My multiply pedometer does not work with vitality.

Which device can I use as a pedometer that'll work on vitality? I dont mind carrying the multiply pedometer around as its small and I can slip it under my cycling shorts to get steps while I pedal too. My only issue is vitality

Help asb, DANKIE

Get rid of your LG mobile and get a samsung. Or see if LG have a similar app that integrates with Disco.

And HealthyCare?

Yes, get the Dischem card... you can buy all your cycling supplements (gels/power etc) and get 25% back on the card.  Then every couple of months use the card to buy the supplements for free

Help asb, DANKIE

iPhone or similar?

iPhone or similar?

Help asb, DANKIE

Just download the S Health app from the play store and link it to your vitality profile in the discovery app, works on and android phone.

http://www.rdm.co.za/business/2016/05/30/discovery-vitality-backtracks-on-apple-deal

Interesting for those that are stuck with iwatch and not meeting goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must say I got the Watch and although I understand that some people are having issues with achieving the targets , I have met all my goals so far without having used a garmin, Polar etc. I also have used the watch for the first time on Friday as I needed 300 points. This week I probably will not need to use the watch, so for me if you have a Iwatch I can not see how it can be a problem until the target reaches around 1000 points.

An issue I have is that they do not use Championchip, or SSTiming results.

Championchip does the Comrades so did all the finishers get 100 points yesterday?

Must say I got the Watch and although I understand that some people are having issues with achieving the targets , I have met all my goals so far without having used a garmin, Polar etc. I also have used the watch for the first time on Friday as I needed 300 points. This week I probably will not need to use the watch, so for me if you have a Iwatch I can not see how it can be a problem until the target reaches around 1000 points.

Championchip does the Comrades so did all the finishers get 100 points yesterday?

If they had a heart rate monitor they could get 600. 

Problem is heart rate will probably be too low, more like 300. 

3000 points - https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vitality-news-may16-comrades-2016

No HR data required

Edited by jcza

Get rid of your LG mobile and get a samsung. Or see if LG have a similar app that integrates with Disco.

Nothing wrong with LG Dickie :thumbup: