Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Are dual SIM and twin SIM different?

Just asking because I have what Vodacom term as a twin SIM in my iPad.

I'm obviously only using data there, but they're both linked to the same number.

I'm not entirely sure. I'm going on what a colleague said to me this week when he went to the istore to investigate getting the watch with the discovery benefit

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not entirely sure. I'm going on what a colleague said to me this week when he went to the istore to investigate getting the watch with the discovery benefit

LTE Apple Watch models are currently only available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, the UK, and the United States. Apple says availability will expand to other countries next year.

And CORE, our local distro, isn't importing them atm. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Vodacom say they are ready for the Apple Watch, which uses an embedded SIM rather than having to insert a SIM card atm.

As Myles has correctly said, Core have no immediate plans to import the series 3+cellular version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received their miles from the "points to miles" benefit yet? Worried that i didn't activate it last year when it was announced :( and now i get an error when clicking activate in the link below

https://www.discovery.co.za/credit-card/get-your-vitality-points-back-in-discovery-miles

Fork it! I only see this now... 60k miles would have been nice.

Typical - their website is so poorly designed that these benefits are so difficult to find.

LTE Apple Watch models are currently only available in Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, the UK, and the United States. Apple says availability will expand to other countries next year.

And CORE, our local distro, isn't importing them atm. 

Aaaargh! It feels like Apple products survive in this country despite Core, not because of. If the network providers are able to cater for the functionality, I wonder if a grey import would work?

No real incentive for that watch without the electronic SIM.

Aaaargh! It feels like Apple products survive in this country despite Core, not because of. If the network providers are able to cater for the functionality, I wonder if a grey import would work?

No real incentive for that watch without the electronic SIM.

Region locked. 

Fork it! I only see this now... 60k miles would have been nice.

Typical - their website is so poorly designed that these benefits are so difficult to find.

Don't worry, you're not missing out (yet). I've been trying since the start of the year to activate this with the same error message from the website. Don't think this feature ever worked.

Vodacom say they are ready for the Apple Watch, which uses an embedded SIM rather than having to insert a SIM card atm.

As Myles has correctly said, Core have no immediate plans to import the series 3+cellular version.

Seems like the sales person at the istore was shifting the blame to the cellular providers when Core are the real issue...... :wacko:

Does anyone know how to apply for the Sports equipment reward thing where you get up to a certain amount to spend towards a watch etc?  Looking at one of the Garmin watches or the Samsung S3 and was wondering if this is available yet?

Does anyone know how to apply for the Sports equipment reward thing where you get up to a certain amount to spend towards a watch etc?  Looking at one of the Garmin watches or the Samsung S3 and was wondering if this is available yet?

Device Booster only applies to products at Sportsmans Warehouse or Total Sports.

I don't think they stock the Samsung Gear S3 (which I would also like to get).

Bear in mind that these places are not cheap, so you might be better off shopping around elsewhere first

Device Booster only applies to products at Sportsmans Warehouse or Total Sports.

I don't think they stock the Samsung Gear S3 (which I would also like to get).

Bear in mind that these places are not cheap, so you might be better off shopping around elsewhere first

Thanks.

Where do I find Device booster, don't see it anywhere?

Thanks.

Where do I find Device booster, don't see it anywhere?

I don't think it is active yet. When Discovery says "coming in 2018",they actually mean "it will be rolled out before 2019 starts".

Sodra don't hold your breath, my bet would be somewhere around March-April they will have the bugs sorted out.