Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

If the race distance is such that you will get say 1500 points for it, you will be awarded that for the race which will be more than the max points for the day

Looked under timed events on the attached pdf.

it doesn’t seem right that road cycling and MTB are both treated as a “cycling event”. 50km mountain biking is not at all equal to 50km of road.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn’t seem right that road cycling and MTB are both treated as a “cycling event”. 50km mountain biking is not at all equal to 50km of road.

It also doesn't seem right that the Reconciliation Day MTB Race, which is wholly ridden on Provincial dirt roads, is thrown in the same category as the Barberton XCM. Those two events are way different, yet both are called MTB events. Don't think they will change it soon.

post-36242-0-04351000-1516637553_thumb.pngDo I understand this correctly, that if and when, bike booster is launched later this year the maximum cash back one will qualify for is R5000.00 off the price of a new bike purchased from Cyclelab? Paid back over 36 months, this amount to R138.89 per month. Hardly worth the effort!? But wait there's more: You get a free Team Vitality cycling membership for an a activation fee of R800.00. If I am not mistaken R800.00 is excactly what the vitality cycling membership costs anyway.

attachicon.gifIMG_0509.PNGDo I understand this correctly, that if and when, bike booster is launched later this year the maximum cash back one will qualify for is R5000.00 off the price of a new bike purchased from Cyclelab? Paid back over 36 months, this amount to R138.89 per month. Hardly worth the effort!? But wait there's more: You get a free Team Vitality cycling membership for an a activation fee of R800.00. If I am not mistaken R800.00 is excactly what the vitality cycling membership costs anyway.

Correct. It's a BS benefit, in my opinion. One that I haven't bothered floating to any of my clients, seeing as they're smart enough to avoid CL altogether, anyway... 

Correct. It's a BS benefit, in my opinion. One that I haven't bothered floating to any of my clients, seeing as they're smart enough to avoid CL altogether, anyway...

Thanks Myles. Thought for a moment I was being completely stupid for not understanding this one. Not keen anyway to buy a bike from CL. I am sure I will get more than R5k discount from my lbs on most brands of mtb’s anyway.

Question for Myles again please. Can something like the Apple watch benefit and the shoe booster or flight booster be running at the same time from the same fitness points of a vitality member? Thanks.

Yes, I have all boosters running at the same time - currently don’t have flights booked, so the booster is currently active, but it was last year July:

4d011329d35228073957cc26307b6fb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I have all boosters running at the same time - currently don’t have flights booked, so the booster is currently active, but it was last year July:4d011329d35228073957cc26307b6fb7.jpg

Thanks!

Its like the deliberately make it as difficult as possible to understand.

Even when I was in the industry I could not wrap my head around their offerings.

Now that I'm about to become a client I'm still having difficulty understanding.

And then, there is the fact that I've applied to go onto Vitality from day one. But because my policy only starts on 1 Feb I have no access to things on their website when logged in.

I'm trying to research which device to get for fitness tracking that is compatible with vitality, but unless you're an active vitality member you are not allowed to see that information.

Fork it! I only see this now... 60k miles would have been nice.

Typical - their website is so poorly designed that these benefits are so difficult to find.

So, is anyone else STILL having problems with Garmin sync to Vitality?

I was at the beginning of the year - had to delink my watch and relink, and now it seems only 1 in 3 or 4 workouts actually sync successfully.  Thinking i was being clever today, I tried the unlink trick again... FAIL!  

There seems to be some other random issue and I can't relink it at all.  

Of course, in typical customer centric approach - the query I logged "is important", which is why they commit to getting back to me in 3-5 working days.  

post-100071-0-42373300-1517327722_thumb.jpeg

A heads up to those with an active shoe booster...

I received a mail today from TV to say that my 2017 membership (running) has expired, and that they will deduct R350 from my account at the end of February.

There is an opt-out option, but requires sending an email to them.

Their record-keeping is so efficient that they are unable to pick up that I’ve already renewed for 2018, received written confirmation that it’s active, and also shows on the website as active.

Edit: this is my last month on shoe booster, but I’m renewing because I want another pair (of trail running shoes)... n+1

Edited by Frosty

So, is anyone else STILL having problems with Garmin sync to Vitality?

I was at the beginning of the year - had to delink my watch and relink, and now it seems only 1 in 3 or 4 workouts actually sync successfully.  Thinking i was being clever today, I tried the unlink trick again... FAIL!  

There seems to be some other random issue and I can't relink it at all.  

Of course, in typical customer centric approach - the query I logged "is important", which is why they commit to getting back to me in 3-5 working days.  

I have had this issue since Jan 2017, it only records about 30% of my activities even though it indicates it has synced. I now send them a mail every month with the missing info and they do it manually but it is a pain in the ass and you loose your smoothie etc.

If you run a 100 Mile trail run(yes 167km run non stop) you get the same amount of point as if you run 42.2km flat road marathon... just stop and think about it for a minute..

Discovery's reply was that they don't want to encourage ultra ultra distance, so when I said but Ironman is ultra ultra distance and gets more points they said but they want to reward ironman athletes for all the effort training.

At this stage I put the phone down in order not to call someone a f***ing idiot

Edited by dave303e

Just remember you always used to train the way you do, the only difference is you get rewarded for doing it(agreed the system sucks a bit and does not make sense but just keep training)

If you run a 100 Mile trail run(yes 167km run non stop) you get the same amount of point as if you run 42.2km flat road marathon... just stop and think about it for a minute..

Discovery's reply was that they don't want to encourage ultra ultra distance, so when I said but Ironman is ultra ultra distance and gets more points they said but they want to reward ironman athletes for all the effort training.

At this stage I put the phone down in order not to call someone a f***ing idiot

remember, this program isn't aimed at US. It's aimed at getting people off the couches. Also remember that 3 years ago, it USED to allow for longer efforts, but then it just got ridiculously easy to get your points.