Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So did my first ride with my Apple watch and no HR monitor.

Got 600 points on a 90 min more vigorous than my last ride where I got 3000 points using my Garmin and HR monitor.

What gives ?

Myles ??

What app did you use to track the workout? Did you use the "workout" app, or Strava, or just run strava on your phone?

You need to query it with Vitality if you use the watch to initiate the recording, and have got HR data for the exercise. 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thousand apologies for the hijack

Team Vitality Cycling Shirts - New
hubmarket-29883-0-15276700-1454999059_me

Brand new Team Vitality Shirts

2 x Large
1 x Extra Small

R300 each ex postage

What app did you use to track the workout? Did you use the "workout" app, or Strava, or just run strava on your phone?

You need to query it with Vitality if you use the watch to initiate the recording, and have got HR data for the exercise. 

I used the Strava started on my Watch only.

was I supposed to use the Outdoor cycling on the Workout app as well ?

I used the Strava started on my Watch only.

was I supposed to use the Outdoor cycling on the Workout app as well ?

Did it record your HR? If so, then it should have allocated the points correctly. 

You may need to update the app on the device or on your phone as well. Also - query it with Vitality... 

Also got only 600 points for a 3+ hour ride, and 2+ hours rides, recorded with strava.

How does one query it with Vitality, hopefully not by phoning them?

Also got only 600 points for a 3+ hour ride, and 2+ hours rides, recorded with strava.

How does one query it with Vitality, hopefully not by phoning them?

vitalityinfo@discovery.co.za

HI Guys,

I am sure this has been dealt with before hand but to many pages to go through. So I do aplogise

1 If I upload my strava rides to discovery how many points do we get, and how is it

calculated?

2. Why do you get different points if you use a HRM as appose to without.

3. Anyone else's app just keep crashing constantly? I go to VA to redeem my

smoothie but cant get the code. I log onto the computers at VA to take a screen

shot of the QR code but cant seem to find the "redeem your rewards" on the

website.

HI Guys,

I am sure this has been dealt with before hand but to many pages to go through. So I do aplogise

1 If I upload my strava rides to discovery how many points do we get, and how is it

calculated?

2. Why do you get different points if you use a HRM as appose to without.

3. Anyone else's app just keep crashing constantly? I go to VA to redeem my

smoothie but cant get the code. I log onto the computers at VA to take a screen

shot of the QR code but cant seem to find the "redeem your rewards" on the

website.

It's about 6 pages back. 

600 points for 20-60 min vigorous (70% HR and above)

900 points for 60-90 min

1500 points for 90-119 min

3000 points for 120+

600 max for no HR data

2 - because people jack the system and just let the exercise run whilst driving etc. HR data is critical to ensure you actually DID something

3 - don't use VA wifi. Download vouchers before you get there and take a screenshot of it on your phone. 

It's about 6 pages back. 

600 points for 20-60 min vigorous (70% HR and above)

900 points for 60-90 min

1500 points for 90-119 min

3000 points for 120+

600 max for no HR data

2 - because people jack the system and just let the exercise run whilst driving etc. HR data is critical to ensure you actually DID something

3 - don't use VA wifi. Download vouchers before you get there and take a screenshot of it on your phone. 

cool thanks very much Myles appreciate it.

Is there a limit to how many points you can get? So if I go for a 3 hour ride on sat and sunday with a HRM do I get 6000 points?

3000 max and only one activity a day will be logged being the max points allocation one... irrespective of how many activities you do!

You should really read the vitality active rewards webpage as is all explained there plain and simple... so that you know how to maximise your points and activities

Edited by shaper

Did it record your HR? If so, then it should have allocated the points correctly. 

You may need to update the app on the device or on your phone as well. Also - query it with Vitality... 

upgrading software now

3000 max and only one activity a day will be logged being the max points allocation one... irrespective of how many activities you do!

You should really read the vitality active rewards webpage as is all explained there plain and simple... so that you know how to maximise your points and activities

Im reading it but it just says that I need to achieve my goals weekly. Is there a specific area I should read? sorry for all the questions but I have only been completing 1 reward a week and want to better this and get more points hence the questions

cool thanks very much Myles appreciate it.

Is there a limit to how many points you can get? So if I go for a 3 hour ride on sat and sunday with a HRM do I get 6000 points?

Yes. 

Max 30,000 points from fitness activities per year, but you carry on "earning" points even when you've reached the cap for the purposes of the Vitality Active Rewards Program. 

If you include fitness assessments in your calcs, then the max points for fitness activities and assessments is 45,000 points per person per year. 

Im reading it but it just says that I need to achieve my goals weekly. Is there a specific area I should read? sorry for all the questions but I have only been completing 1 reward a week and want to better this and get more points hence the questions

it's been said before, but you should really read the thread. All your questions have already been answered, multiple times over... It's all here.