Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

The active points is a bit of a stuff up sometimes.

For instance last week I ran 4.8k's to the gym, jumped straight into the pool and swam 1km, ran the 4.8k's back home and then hopped on the bike for a quick 10km.

All done with HR and all as separate exercises, therefore all a short space of time each and none qualified for any points.

So in total it was around 2 hours of high intensity but I get absolutely no points for it.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see a problem, until I become ill or have a serious crash. In that case, I have bigger problems to be concerned with.

Tuesday & Thursday @ moderate + 1 weekend ride 90 mins @ vigerous = 1200.

I still have the other days to make up for any "lazy" days.

Luckily the girly-coloured watch, is on my profile and not the wife's.

The difference is that your heart beats like crazy, mine doesn't.

I'm going to have to come and chase you to get it to 80%.

I've not redeemed one smoothie yet, but I'm gonna go ride for 30 Minutes this afternoon, and then go and claim three smoothies on Thursday, just because I can.

really cant see what all the fuss is about.

If you were achieving your goals last year when the rewards was just introduced with the 150-200 point allocation, then why worry about it now ?

Has the easy way of getting points made you lazy , so now all you do is 1 ride on a weekend and then go sip on a smoothie on Wednesday ?

Rather just get out for your ride or run instead of stressing over the small things in life

I don't think anybody disagrees with that, but surely a 100K ride should not give you the same amount of points as 30 minutes high intensity.

On the new points allocation, a 50-99Km event gets double the points of a 30 minute vigorous activity. The 90 min vigorous activity and the 50-599Km event gets the same.

I do HIIT during the week day mornings, and my weekends are used for LSD rides.

Currently 220-age * 80% is not difficult to achieve for the 300 or 600 points category, unless it's a recovery week in which case I just need to double the number of low intensity rides. The Vitality Rewards doesn't drive my training, rather my training is rewarded for doing the activities.

Interestingly, their website shows the following statement:

Certain members will see their Vitality Active Rewards goals adjusted to provide them with adequate time to adapt to the new points-earning activities and device updates.

Edited by geraldm24

. The Vitality Rewards doesn't drive my training, rather my training is rewarded for doing the activities.

This !!

So where does it mention the cap of 1200 points required per week is changing?

Will this change too?

So where does it mention the cap of 1200 points required per week is changing?

Cap isn't changing, just your required points will change to reflect change in points allocations if you're currently up there. Cap remains 1,200 per week though

"Certain members will see their Vitality Active Rewards goals adjusted to provide them with adequate time to adapt to the new points-earning activities and device updates."

On the new points allocation, a 50-99Km event gets double the points of a 30 minute vigorous activity. The 90 min vigorous activity and the 50-599Km event gets the same.

I've underlined the important part. Not a ride, a Discovery approved event.

Also, again, I don't think anyone disagrees that it's become stupidly easy to get points now, but they've gone and screwed us over here. Myles is spot on with his stepped points/time unit. That would be fair. Heck, give me a 1000 points for riding over 3 hours. That seems fair.

I'm just riding my bike for fun...... and not for points or smoothies :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:   :eek:

This !!

Getting 30% off local flights, 25% off healthy food at Woolies, etc etc is a pretty good motivator to be quite frank.

So me that uses a bryton device are screwed because they dont support bryton nor strava anymore.

I've underlined the important part. Not a ride, a Discovery approved event.

Also, again, I don't think anyone disagrees that it's become stupidly easy to get points now, but they've gone and screwed us over here. Myles is spot on with his stepped points/time unit. That would be fair. Heck, give me a 1000 points for riding over 3 hours. That seems fair.

Getting 30% off local flights, 25% off healthy food at Woolies, etc etc is a pretty good motivator to be quite frank.

No, not a Discovery approved event - any event where the timing partners were racetec or another timing company and the results are verifiable. 

No, not a Discovery approved event - any event where the timing partners were racetec or another timing company and the results are verifiable. 

Technicalities. What I implied is that it has to be an event, that you must pay to enter, not just a ride.