Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I was messaged to say my target is now 300. It was on 1200 from the beginning.. Since I maxed out my fitness points months ago I think I will just upload enough exercise sessions to get exactly three hundred points. That way it should stay nice and low I think. I will load all my other exercise sessions to Strava which they don't allow anymore. No problem.

The Tacx trainer is working well with the new HR belt that transmits on Bluetooth and ANT+. I control the trainer with my iPad and at the same time record the session to my Garmin 800. It would be easy to only start the Garmin once warmed up and stop it before cooling down to give a nice high average HR.

It's now gotten to the point that gaming the system is almost a second hobby. No idea why. I don't claim any benefits at all. No watch no coffee no pond slime from Kauai. I just can't help myself. It's all so stupid.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my target HAS dropped to 300 points [emoji33][emoji42]

cbe4ecf66128fab0d96ac0cd4dbd96d1.jpg

Edited by geraldm24

I think they dropped everyone to 300 just to keep the masses happy for now, lets wait 3 months and then only a small percentage will get their coffees.

As far as i know if you only reach 300 or upload 6000 worth of points rides you will be raised with 50 a week. Atleast thats how it has been working up untill now.

So my target HAS dropped to 300 points [emoji33][emoji42]

cbe4ecf66128fab0d96ac0cd4dbd96d1.jpg

Damn...you where keen to see your weekly goal adjusted, stayed up all night till it happened???

100 points for a 1hr ride now, avg HR over 70%... Goal will be achieved tomorrow after the planned 5hr ride.

It's now gotten to the point that gaming the system is almost a second hobby. No idea why. I don't claim any benefits at all. No watch no coffee no pond slime from Kauai. I just can't help myself. It's all so stupid.

This is so funny, love it. I don't do apple, smoothies nor coffee so I undo my hard work by having a hot chocolate I don't want or need? But like you, I make sure my tacx workouts hit as it's principle.

And half a workout gets more points than the actual full workout!

All so stupid after activity points maxed out before end Jan.

Ok so a 130KM, 4:10 hour ride at 31KM/h average and 1500m climbing got me 300 points.. "NICE". 

Its fine now that everyone has 300 points to get, but when we are all back on 1200 its not going to be cool.   

Edited by Bassman

I was sick earlier in the week and went out for a 4 hour ride this morning. The heart rate did not behave itself, but I kept it in a safe zone.

3000 points for a 210min vigorous workout... So for me same old same old...

Edited by Rudi Pollard

Ok so a 130KM, 4:10 houer ride at 31KM/h average and 1500m climbing got me 300 points.. "NICE".

Its fine now that everyone has 300 points to get, but when we are all back on 1200 its not going to be cool.

Let's see when we get there, but as pointed out before it should still be easy to achieve if you are doing 4-5 activities a week.

Ok so a 130KM, 4:10 houer ride at 31KM/h average and 1500m climbing got me 300 points.. "NICE". 

No heart rate data, or are you just extremely fit?

Damn...you where keen to see your weekly goal adjusted, stayed up all night till it happened???

Late night...

And half a workout gets more points than the actual full workout!

this is what Discovery are trying to achieve. They don't want you to hit your target after 1 exercise. They want you to exercise multiple times a week.

I still maintain that majority on this forum will still hit target relatively easily. It's the lazy buggers that are going to suffer.

So I decided to try the Samsung app. I have a polar hr strap but no way that I can fathom to get that data through to discovery - did a hour ride . The app does step monitoring too and you can seem to remove that. So my ride f

Gets zero points, but it says I walked a whole bunch of steps - so here, have 100pts. That does not make sense.