Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Fair enough but I think I'm pretty well trained and there is no way I could do that 2 or 3 times a week, every week. I've gone back and looked at my activity history and based on my ave duration and ave hr on rides I'm going to struggle. Even my short interval high intensity sessions fall part of a longer ride where my ave HR will not be above the 70% let alone 80% mark.

Oh well, I'm not changing my routine I've used for years just to satisfy Discovery. All I'm saying is that they've missed the boat on the new metrics.

I'm more curious to see how quickly your target increases. If it's a constant 50 then that will be doable for a while. Once your target gets closer to the 1000 mark then those 100 points activities are not gonna get you anywhere. You're gonna need to hit a 300 and 600 somewhere.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more curious to see how quickly your target increases. If it's a constant 50 then that will be doable for a while. Once your target gets closer to the 1000 mark then those 100 points activities are not gonna get you anywhere. You're gonna need to hit a 300 and 600 somewhere.

Think I read 50 per week. But before I know it jumped quicker than that.

I see my target has been reduced to 300...easy just go past cadence and log in...100 points...3 trips per week...sorted until I get a device with hrm...been clocking 3000 points the past couple weeks...now it stops.

So with discovery cancelling my vitlaity my gym membership's debit order went from R140 to R750...after spending an hour with the callcentre on the phone on friday they promised it will be activited on friday but will show on their website by today, guess what, its not there. So now i have to phone the quality trained staff again... :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Just a quick question, and i am sure it has been asked before...but the thread is just too long to try and read it all....

On vitality younuse to be able to claim for a race you raced and get points for it, it was fairly easy.... you would go to vitality and click on event, give your number, and finishing time and bobs your uncle....if the event was not on the list then you could send an email with relevant details and weblink....and again bobs your uncle....

I have been looking for it the last half hour and cant find it has it changed or where is it....please help as its very frustrating

Was just watching Eddie Izzard and the 27 consecutive marathons he ran. I wonder if he would have made his target points on Vitality. I mean he ran twice a day, morning and evening so only one would count. Then his HR would have been low with such an endurance effort. I don't think he would have got his smoothie to be honest. He would have had to mix it up with a park run, a pregnancy class, a gym session, that type of thing.

Just a quick question, and i am sure it has been asked before...but the thread is just too long to try and read it all....

On vitality younuse to be able to claim for a race you raced and get points for it, it was fairly easy.... you would go to vitality and click on event, give your number, and finishing time and bobs your uncle....if the event was not on the list then you could send an email with relevant details and weblink....and again bobs your uncle....

I have been looking for it the last half hour and cant find it has it changed or where is it....please help as its very frustrating

Now automatically recorded, you no longer have to claim points for an event https://www.discovery.co.za/portal/individual/vit-partner-outdoor-sporting-events

Was just watching Eddie Izzard and the 27 consecutive marathons he ran. I wonder if he would have made his target points on Vitality. I mean he ran twice a day, morning and evening so only one would count. Then his HR would have been low with such an endurance effort. I don't think he would have got his smoothie to be honest. He would have had to mix it up with a park run, a pregnancy class, a gym session, that type of thing.

Been a long standing gripe of mine for ages.

When Im training for a triathlon I will happily run eg a 10k in the early am, a 1.5k swim at lunch and then at least an hour cycle in the evening.

Mostly in a fairly a high heart range.

So despite a few hours of exercise all it takes is some lazy git going for an hour and a half walk and they will probably get more points for that day than me.

Now I dont train for the points, I train to train, still it would be nice to see them recognize it.

I still haven't received by Carnival city cash back. :wacko:

That Team Vitality offer is really broken

What a mess

Great idea

But big crash

PS

I'll be using my team V jersey for the muddiest rides ????

Edited by Puncheur

For their selected events. A lot of very good races missing from that list.

There is hardly amy kzn races available.....load of shiiiite if you ask me.

Been a long standing gripe of mine for ages.

When Im training for a triathlon I will happily run eg a 10k in the early am, a 1.5k swim at lunch and then at least an hour cycle in the evening.

Mostly in a fairly a high heart range.

So despite a few hours of exercise all it takes is some lazy git going for an hour and a half walk and they will probably get more points for that day than me.

Now I dont train for the points, I train to train, still it would be nice to see them recognize it.

It is a points race!?

What are the prizes?

Are there age categories and is this competition sport agnostic?

It is a points race!?

What are the prizes?

Are there age categories and is this competition sport agnostic?

Is it a points race?

Yes, some don't get the point of it, while others point to many problems.

What are the prizes?

It seems they don't hand out medals, but rather smoothies/coffee

Whether you're first or last, everyone that finishes - get's the point (of this) - get's a smothie

Are there age categories?

Yes, 220-age 

Is this competition sport agnostic?

When used as an adjective - there are many out there