Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, they say UP TO ...........

Sigh.

Okay. For approx the 10th time in this thread alone.

Up to, because they only refund 50% of the pre entry fee amount.

If you buy a late entry, which is more expensive, you get less back as it's calculated at the PRE ENTRY fee. So if the late entry is double the price, you only get 25% of that back cos you're a lazy git and didn't buy them when they opened entries.

There are also other things that you can pay for when entering. T shirts, bottles etc etc. Yiu don't get anything back on those.

Hence... UP TO.

Capisce?

Edited by El Capitan

Guest notmyname

Sigh.

Okay. For approx the 10th time in this thread alone.

Up to, because they only refund 50% of the pre entry fee amount.

If you buy a late entry, which is more expensive, you get less back as it's calculated at the PRE ENTRY fee. So if the late entry is double the price, you only get 25% of that back cos you're a lazy git and didn't buy them when they opened entries.

There are also other things that you can pay for when entering. T shirts, bottles etc etc. Yiu don't get anything back on those.

Hence... UP TO.

Capisce?

Looks like this is starting to bust your balls. Sorry dude.

Looks like this is starting to bust your balls. Sorry dude.

LoL

Not really bro. Just that I had JUST posted something regarding that, not 3 posts before Gerhard asked. And multiple times before.

It comes down to people not reading the thread before asking a question that has been answered multiple times. I think it was even answered in the first 2 pages.

Why not wait until team vitality is up and running so we then know the actual facts!.... Before we speculate any further.... Don't think Vitality know yet either!!

Is that not the problem? To put a selfish complexion on things, i have :-

Bought the CSA license;

Entered and paid for 3 races, about to enter for another 2;

Have bought a Garmin - was hoping to use the voucher for cadence / speed censors for my other bikes, but I hear thats not on.

So I will get none of this "investment" back.

So if i shell out r600 for team vitality, just what value am I getting? Nada far as I can see, other than a shirt I have no real use for.

Edit: i guess there must be lots of people in my position.

Edited by Harryn

seems discovery is having a few problems. cant activate their sporstmans warehouse healthy gear discount thing either.

Users must be overloading the system.

Edited by Davey_Jones

seems discovery is having a few problems. cant activate their sporstmans warehouse healthy gear discount thing either.

Users must be overloading the system.

Yep, that link now reads:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please come back later and try again.

Edited by dracs

This is a huge opportunity lost to Discovery, when the first marketing info came out it was full of fantastic promise, now that the selected races have been watered down. The first list had Ironman 70.3 and full Ironman, that promised a really decent potential saving on two damn expensive events, now they are out.

I cant see that the offering is worth the hassle and I have to give up my existing club membership to advertise for discovery. 

This started off as a great partnership - we wear Discovery kit and advertise for them in return we save some cash on race entries. And Discovery and members benefit from being healthier. 

I run and cycle so thats R900 to register - then I have to write off my existing club membership and ASA licence, lets see if Disco can get their act together, for now its a no from me.

So while we are kicking Vitality Dan and Vitality while they are down and let me add that was self inflicted, what the hell with that running shirt....who runs in T shirt at road races....this is Aaafrika, it's warm, this was the last fail of a which can only be described as an EPIC FAilure. Looked at the website and the blurb an feedback from Hubbers and I am out. Thanks but no Thanks. Better Luck next time Vitality Dan. Think their target market are noobs who have recently discovered the attraction of endorphin and will drink from Vitality's Kool Aid.

Lets see how many Discovery tops we start to see out there, peninsula marathon next weekend is the first big race where we are likely to see some uptake, then Argus a few weeks later then 2 Oceans. My guess is that there will be quite a few, the offer is quite attractive to the newbies who aren't club affiliated.